Seatbelt Latch Other Uses

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Came across this and thought it was a neat little idea. Then got thinking, where else it could be used, hoods, trunk lids, flip front ends, removable panels ??? I have used the idea years ago for the window safety net on my stock car. What else can we dream up?[S Opps, forgot the picture!!

Now it might make sense.:eek:

Attachments

• !BzOYoZgCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!hQEw5JDJhVtBMVHE,6,Pw~~_12.jpg
    !BzOYoZgCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!hQEw5JDJhVtBMVHE,6,Pw~~_12.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 381
dont have pics, but my buddy years ago used seat belts for window regulators. the window was either up or down. you could adjust it but it was a drag car so that was all he needed.

I have no pics.(i might could find them but could take a year or two:D) but i have seen the male part of a seat belt attached to a carson top and the female was attached to the inside of the car. It was on a VW bug

what was all that shiney blue stuff on that truck bed? :D Seriously, that was a neat idea though. [;)

there was a build awhile back here on good ol RRR... and the guy did that very thing with the tailgate.. wonder if he finished it and didnt share it with us.. :(

there was a build awhile back here on good ol RRR... and the guy did that very thing with the tailgate.. wonder if he finished it and didnt share it with us.. :(

This one was on a Jeep.

Attachments

• !BzO(7vQ!mk~$(KGrHqV,!iEEw5CeLNHVBMVHCBqLFQ~~_12.jpg
    !BzO(7vQ!mk~$(KGrHqV,!iEEw5CeLNHVBMVHCBqLFQ~~_12.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 113
I could see securing a few of those to my ceiling or wall and hanging stuff from them temporarily. Not sure what, but it makes me think. They have to be rated at a high strength given their real intended purpose.

I could see securing a few of those to my ceiling or wall and hanging stuff from them temporarily. Not sure what, but it makes me think. They have to be rated at a high strength given their real intended purpose.

In that case...engine mount? Haha just kidding. Awhile ago kids were using seatbelts as belts for their pants. One of my friends was and (this isn't car related just as a warning) I was riding a colt, when my cinch broke. Not wanting to let the horse think he could get people off so easily, I used my friends seatbelt as a cinch (the thing that goes around the belly and holds the saddle on). Worked good.

On a car related note, I used em as the straps on my 75 jimmys inner door, as all I had holding the doors were pins because it was strictly an off roader.

I used seat belt buckles to latch the tailgate in my 55 F100. I posted this some time ago when I was fabbing the tailgate. I wanted to be able to just slam the tailgate shut and the buckles fit the bill nicely and were cheap. This type of latch was popular in the F100 circles back in the 80's. I wanted the clean look of no chains or latches outside the tailgate

buildpics102.jpg

buildpics099.jpg

P1010351.jpg

Drewski

drewski's truck was the one I was thinkin about.! glad to see you are still with us

Thanks for the compliments guys. The build has been going a little slow lately. As we all know life sometimes gets in the way. I still check in to RRR to see what's going on with everyone. Just haven't had much to contribute.

Drewski

dont have pics, but my buddy years ago used seat belts for window regulators. the window was either up or down. you could adjust it but it was a drag car so that was all he needed.

thats an old mopar idea. they used lengths of seatbelt as window cranks on the original factory hemi dart and cuda racers. :)

Latest posts

Back