1951 Ford F1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished wiring the headlights and turn signals
008-19.jpg

009a.jpg

Finished the ignition circuit. I need to get a positive battery cable, had a hnegative laying around. I will be using Autometer mechanical oil pressure and water temperature gauges ($25 at a swap meet). I left the wires in the harness if I want to use the later or hook up the original gauges.

007-19.jpg

This thing is almost ready to fire up! :D

great truck. i just sat down and read the whole thread. took forever to read it. if i would spend as much time working on my junk as i do reading on this site i would probiley be done by now. i relly love the 6 banger and the hood ornament. keep up the good and stedy work. by the way about how long did it take you to build this?

I was gonna suggest you take it on a road trip to Tennessee in March but that tank ain't gonna cut it!! I'd say 10 gallons is about right! Pictures are great, but after all this time watching you build that awesome truck - I think we all deserve a video of the running roll out of the garage!!! Man, I'm so anxious to hear it.

Thunder1

Last edited:
I was gonna suggest you take it on a road trip to Tennessee in March but that tank ain't gonna cut it!! I'd say 10 gallons is about right! Pictures are great, but after all this time watching you build that awesome truck - I think we all deserve a video of the running roll out of the garage!!! Man, I'm so anxious to hear it.

Thunder1

I can just hop on 40 and head East all the way there. Let's see NM, TX, OK, AR, TN, yeah about 37 fill ups should do it.

I will get videos when I start it up. I hope they're not videos of the thing melting down! :eek:

Last edited:
great truck. i just sat down and read the whole thread. took forever to read it. if i would spend as much time working on my junk as i do reading on this site i would probiley be done by now. i relly love the 6 banger and the hood ornament. keep up the good and stedy work. by the way about how long did it take you to build this?

Thanks Shawn, I got the body last Nov but started building mid Feburary 08.

Dmw,
The truck came out very cool! Bet you cant wait for the break in smokey burn out. :D

Thanks, burnout? Maybe in some water. Might be light enough in the rear. But with a 6 banger at 6500 ft. altitude, we're not making a lot of HP. :(

I'll do one with my 454 Chevelle for you though. :D

Looks totally awesome i know you will enjoy the ride windshield or not. Great Job

This is the Rod that did it to me. It belongs to my sister's neighbor Eddie Barbosa Its a Bobber, Roadster, Hot Rod whatever I though it was so cool. Then I got a ride in it when he was finished. That was it, throw in the towel. I was going to build me one or something similar. About the only thing similar is the 6 cylinder, the headlights, and that awesome gas tank. Which is what he started with and built the rest around it. Believe it or not that's a Nissan frame. He also hand built the windshield frame. Hats off to you Eddie!

Asphalt20Invitational2020072024620s.jpg

IMAGE_144.jpg

Last edited:
Well , I didn't get a whole lot done this weekend on the truck. Did a little wiring, made a bracket for the throttle cable and kickdown, finished mounting the fuel tank and ammo boxes. While I was under the truck I noticed the clearance between the panhardbard and rearend was only about an inch. It settled a couple of inches with everthing on it. I'm going to go backwards here again. I need to remove the bed and raise the mount up a couple of inches more. I think I have room to go almost 3" more.

Plus it rained al night and this morning I discover a leak in the roof. The paint is stained, bubbled and dripping in a couple spots in the family room. Crap!:mad::mad: So I've spent most of the day crawling around the attic trying to find where its leaking and on the roof with a bucket of tar filling every crack, hole I can find. Man I hate home repairs!

Needless to say I didn't get it running this weekend and next weekend we're going to CO. Well maybe it's a good thing to take a break. But I sure wish it was drivable not much time left before the snow! :eek:

Here's some pictures of my finished engine. Chevy 250 cylinder. Offenhauser 3 X 1 manifold with 3 Rochester B Carbs. Homemade headers with VW exhaust tips and Pertronix Ignition. The carb linkage is progressive and comes in at about 1/4 throttle at full throttle the outboards are still only about 1/2 to 3/4 open. Chokes have been removed from the outboards also. Manual choke on center carb. I used steel braided lines for the fuel line and pvc, and manifold heated water lines just because I had them and just used them up.

001-22.jpg

002-24.jpg

003-25.jpg

It got really busy on this side with all the linkage, PVC, vacuum lines for the tranny and Distributer, Kickdown cable and throttle cable.
005-25.jpg

Last edited:
Here's just a couple more shots.

006-26.jpg

The un-busy side. The horns are off my 50 Studebaker. They are 6 volt but I'm going to run a ballast resistor to reduce the voltage so they don't burn out.

007-20.jpg

Last edited:
I finished raising my panhard bar mount on the frame and put the floor back in the bed. Should not have any clearance issues now at least not there. Somewhere else we'll see.

Heres my Allis Chalmers Fuel tank and Luggage/Tool Carriers 20MM ammo cans. There is a mounting bracet under the tank it's not held down by just the strap.

008-20.jpg

009-18.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back