1951 Ford F1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the concert! It's a big event when your car finally makes some noise. Next, the wheels will turn.:D

Had to share this photo posted on my thread on KB. From the city of Seattle's archive.

195020Seattle20Engineering20Dept20T.jpg

Major Progress

I finally got the beast running good. I'm just on the center carb until I can modify the outboards to work correctly. One problem was the base gasket didn't have the correct hole for the vacuum signal for the carb. So cut a slot in thet gasket o supply vacuum to the hole in the carb base. So it idling now and I can set the timing. It's not so loud now and running smoothly.

I will be working on modifing the 2 outboard carbs soI can run those someday.

I also drove it out of the shop tonight about 20 feet and then backed it back in. It's dark out and I didn't want to venture to far on it maiden journey. But were making progress.

I've ordered a windshield for it also. Just haven't decided who's going to cut it yet.

I will post another video of it driving!! :D

Great news. Glad you got it running smoothly dmw.

I just made a pattern and had a local glass shop cut my coupe windshield out of some laminated safety glass. It was way cheaper than I thought it would be. It wasn't an auto glass shop, just a regular glass shop.

Well it's been slow today so I just spent the last three hours reading this thread in total. All I've got to say is "WOW WHAT A GREAT BUILD!!!" It's been time well spent just see you incredible work and thanks...

DMW, just great.

Don

Thanks Gastrick! Some little things left. The manifold heat plate and lines still leak a little and it looks like a freze plug on the head. Finish hooking up the E-brake. Finish modifying the outboard carbs. Windshield wipers but first need to cut and put in the windshield. Need a new speedometer gear it reads reall high! And most important.....RADIO!:D;) But then they're never finished.

Yes!! - The long awaited road test! It's really good to see the P.C. rolling under it's own power DMW. It sounds great and looks fantastic. My motivation meter is off the scale now. I've got to get really busy on this end with my f-1.

Thunder1

I've already stared to change things. Things feel different after you drive it than in the mock up stage. Things you thought would be OK just don't feel right later. I moved the seat back 3" for a little more leg room. In order to do that I had to cut the bottom seat frame rail and bend the seat back more upright. While the seat was out I installed the seat belts I took out of the Chevelle.

I still need to modify the brake pedal a little and move it down. I have plenty of room under the pedal when I push down on it. But it needs to be lower so I can just slide off the gas pedal and get on the brake.

I also noticed the left rear radius rod hits the body a little. I'll have to make a little more clearance with the plasma cutter. Fire is our friend! :D

I'll probably run into some other things. That's Ok as long as they are just little things.

RIGHT ON DMW!! that's cool. I can just imagine how you felt driving away the first time. That gave me some motivation to go out and work on my car now........block sanding:(.

Sean

Latest posts

Back