Muh new truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat find WB!

Would this be a NAPCO conversion or a "factory" 4x4? ( I don't know when one ends and the other begins.)

I've always liked that style of truck too. There was an artists rendition of how you can customize this truck, a few years back in a hotrod magazine. You put a '59 car back end on for the box exterior. Then make it a taildragger, with fender skirts.
Post a few pictures of it when you get these modifications done, OK. -----I'll probably wet my pants.

I got it to fire on carb clean and actually ran a second or two before the crappy battery gave out. I sprayed some in the float bowl and it dripped out the bottom. Ordered a carb kit from Rockauto and a new ignition switch from ebay.
Hopefully it will run ok to bomb around town in a little but I suppose it uses oil. empty and full bottles in the back and a quart low.
The ambitious plan is a 460 with a ZF and married T case. Also have had my eye on a 59 F600 that hasn't moved in years and the nice front clip with the big fender openings would be sweet. Supposedly the F250 could have came with the big truck fenders if optioned with the 19.5 wheels. I would love to find a set of those.Like these

http://www.autowp.ru/ford/f-series/68806/5713/pictures/301180/

but with these fenders,

https://www.purplewave.com/auction/140514/item/h1952

I got it fired up today and it didn't sound bad, had a junk carb that wouldn't idle or even run unless I fanned the choke mostly closed. 50 pounds oil pressure and no smoke or funny noises. Carb kit on the way, new plugs and wires. Get it running smooth then order the clutch master and slave. Brakes after that.

Glad to hear it runs. I didn't realize they had a hydraulic clutch. Tht oldest I've owned was a 1970. On the fenders wouuld you raise and lengthen the rear wheel openings to make them match?

Nice truck, and it's a one year'r with the quad headlights. [cl
This was one of my first finished projects back in the early 70's.
I used a 371 Olds and Hydo for power.
Keep us in the loop [P

PU001_zps87689aee.png

Nice truck, and it's a one year'r with the quad headlights. [cl
This was one of my first finished projects back in the early 70's.
I used a 371 Olds and Hydo for power.
Keep us in the loop [P

PU001_zps87689aee.png

Nice truck Soltz! FD appropriated paint???[ddd:D:D

Glad to hear it runs. I didn't realize they had a hydraulic clutch. Tht oldest I've owned was a 1970. On the fenders wouuld you raise and lengthen the rear wheel openings to make them match?

I think you would need to/ Here's a truck with the big fenders. Just doesn't look quite right.

What a great looking pickup soltz and I love that it had a 371, I used to mess with those engines when I was a kid. Quad lights are 3 years, 57 is the only year with singles

I think you would need to/ Here's a truck with the big fenders. Just doesn't look quite right.

What a great looking pickup soltz and I love that it had a 371, I used to mess with those engines when I was a kid. Quad lights are 3 years, 57 is the only year with singles

Shows ya what i know [S
Yes it ran quit well:D

Latest posts

Back