1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goal is to finish the tailgate this weekend. It's almost there, but really needs one more coat of high build primer. That means at least 3 hours of blocking. I also need to install the doors on the car to get them out of the way.
I still have one fender, the hood and the upper tailgate to finish prepping.

I'll be on sabbatical for the next 3 or 4 weeks while I make a lighted sunburst for a client. It will be good to have a paycheck (to pay for all the paint and body supplies) and a nice change of pace from sanding.

tailgate

Here's the tailgate almost ready to paint.

IMG_1624.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Blacksmith project

Here's a pic of the paying job. It's going to need about another week plus a few days to put the finish on. It gets a translucent slab of rock behind it and some LED lights behind that.

IMG_1646.jpg

Well, I sent the paying project to get blasted last Friday; cleaned out the paint booth on Sunday and staged the tail gates and fender to get the insides painted.

Monday it rained (my fault), Tuesday it rained. Today I painted. But I also got the paying project back. So now I get to paint it. I expect that I'll be back on the Ford full time next Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back