1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news on the ole pumper. Gotta keep that ticker, ticking.

I dont think that much chrome will make your truck stand out to bad.
As far as temps we are getting down to 27 tonight. :D

Not so sure on the hibernation gold.[ddd
Had a echocardiograph done last week and got the results back yesterday. Last time it was done the percentage rate that my heart was pumping blood out was 41 percent. This time it was 52 percent. 55 percent is considered normal.:D
My cardiologist say that I am "healing my own heart" and my primary care Dr saw the test results and told me that I was a "Hard guy to Kill":eek::cool::D

Looking at closing in the custom so that I can heat the area and work on it this winter. Maybe not body work but at least I can finish up the Mechanicals.
More to follow.
Thanks for checking up on me......
Torchie

As far as I'm concerned that's great news! Being hard to kill is always a bonus. Now you have no excuse to get the mechanicals all buttoned up this winter!

As far as I'm concerned that's great news! Being hard to kill is always a bonus. Now you have no excuse to get the mechanicals all buttoned up this winter!

I always say that it's harder to hit a moving target snopro.:D
Nothing picture worthy but i got the truck moved into the center of the work space. Not a lot of room but I can get to it from all angles now.
Started a list of the things that I want to get done on it this winter. It's longer then I thought it would be. So we will see. I figure that at this point I am about 1/3 of the way thru this build.
I also have set a goal of taking the custom to the Customs by the Sea show that is held in conjunction with TROG. This show is for pre 1952 styled customs and is held in Wildwood NJ in October. Seems a ways off but time is fleeting.......
For those of you that celebrate. Have a safe and thankful Thanksgiving.
Thanks for looking in.........
Torchie

Hi. Remeber me......

Finally got off my dead butt and out to the shop.:eek: :cool:
Made some progress.[cl
Got the rear shocks mounted.

Filled and bled the brakes. Only a couple of leaks that need tightening. Pedal feels good but the brakes will need to be adjusted.

Heated up the shift lever and did some bending. With the cab moved back the stick was hitting the dash and I couldn't get reverse and second.
Filled the trans with the correct gear oil and sealed that up.

I also pulled the running boards off in preparation of narrowing the rear fenders.

Going to get some John Deere Corn Head grease to fill the clam shell around the trans u-joint then that will be done and the floor panels can go back on.

Next I will be moving to the engine to get that ready to fire up.
Thanks for stopping by and checking on me............
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 29
Why do you want to do that?

Pic 1. This is the look that I am going for Flipper.

Pic 2. The rear tires are inset quite a bit from the edge of the rear wheel opening as this pic kind of shows. About 5-1/2 inches and that's with using a wider rear end that the stock 41 Ford was.

Pic 3. This shows just how wide those F series rear fenders are. With out the running boards they look like pontoons.:eek: :D.
I am thinking about narrowing them by around 2 inches or so. Still at the "staring at them" stage at this point.

Thanks for stopping by.....
Torchie

Attachments

• Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH07-vi.jpg
    Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH07-vi.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 20