1929 6-29 Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were during the unloading.That radiator still has the original cap.But one of the tabs are broken and I will need to have it redone.But that shell and cap will be reused.

Attachments

• 1929 Pontiac Coupe 006.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 006.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 007.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 007.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 008.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 008.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 009.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 009.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 010.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 010.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
This was durin invintory to see what I had.Both my son and my daughter hepled me unload.All sheetmetal is undamaged and look at those headlights.Perfect except for chrome peeling.

Attachments

• 1929 Pontiac Coupe 011.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 011.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 012.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 012.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 015.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 015.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 013.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 013.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1929 Pontiac Coupe 014.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 014.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
This is the rest.Trans is all there.It even has the pressure plate ,Release bearing and Clutch disc.I dont have pics of the motor but its still in the back of the truck.6 cylinder flathead with 3 cylinders per head.Dizzy sits in the split of the 2 heads.

Attachments

• 1929 Pontiac Coupe 016.jpg
    1929 Pontiac Coupe 016.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Ok, anybody who thinks this is all just a bunch of trash say "me"

Alright, anybody how thinks this is awesome, cooool, a treasure found, say "I"

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I II I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I.........................

Yup! I think the I's have it. lol.
Good snag man.

Ok, anybody who thinks this is all just a bunch of trash say "me"

Alright, anybody how thinks this is awesome, cooool, a treasure found, say "I"

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I II I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I.........................

Yup! I think the I's have it. lol.
Good snag man.

I am still overwelmed.Gettin the body all back together is going to be my first priority.All the engine parts are for sale.I wont be using them.If they done sell.The motor will be all stripped painted and put back together.Put on a stand and be a conversation piece in may garage.It just has that coolness factor.With the heads being split.

Grill!

Mastr,
That's going to be a really nice project and I absolutely love that grill!

ISore

Santa came a little early to your house this year, huh? You really did good George, those pieces are very nice and solid. You should have no trouble recouping most or all of your investment by selling off the unwanted parts. Do a search on ebay of completed sales and see what similar parts have sold for. Shipping will not be an issue on the bigger stuff because some restorer will drive a little ways to get something he needs.

Don't you just love laying out all those parts for the first time? Everytime I bought a project car from someone I loved going through all the boxes of parts that came with it. The best one was the '38 Chevy sedan I bought one time. Back seat was loaded with box after box of NOS parts and he even had a three ring binder with pictures and notes he had done during the restoration. I spent hours just reading it.

Have fun and keep us posted.

Don

ALSO , before you send out for re-silver ... IF they have any dents in them ? ...

Take them to a local MUSIC STORE ... WHUT ?

Music Stores typically have a metal worker on staff that specializes in removing dents from horns ( trumpets to tubas ).

Really??????? That's cool to know. My Sons are Sax players and use a local guy who is fantastic. I'll have to keep that in mind. :D

Don

Well had some time to finally start mockin the 29 up.This was a basket case when I bought it.Most of the car came home in the back of the truck.The frame is still solid,So I started hangin and pondering parts today.So I am on the brink.Fenders,Verses no fenders.This was a classy car back in the day.This coupe had 7 tires.Four on the ground.Duel side mounts and one on the back just in case.Its goin to run on wide wites no matter what I do.

So the question is,fenders or no fenders?? I am looking for 7-8 inch ride height.Its just in mockup right now.Chassis is going to change.

Pictures to follow.

Latest posts

Back