Ratty fj40 Land Cruiser clustertruck....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peetie showed up last night with gifts. He got me a 40 pin water tight plug for the wiring harness. Should be cool to only have one spot on the fire wall that has wires running through it.

Just have to find a good place for it...

Filled in all of the unused holes at the fw, welded a bunch on the tub, and made a couple few little trinkets for the dash. Little more welding and grinding and the tub should be ready for sand blasting.

D

Found a spot on the fw for the big assed connector Peetie gave me. While cutting the hole for it I noticed that the glove box "floor" wasnt attached to the firewall and po had tried to patch it but didnt finish. So I went ahead and welded all of that and filled in 30 random screw holes in said floor at the same time. Took the opportunity to contour the glove box floor around the connector a little for some more room around it. Gotta love welding sheet metal..

Bunch of grinding got done as well.

D

Plans change, no more bare steel lol.

The short version of what I consider "body work".

Besides the seam sealer and minute amounts of filler on/around the tub the only place that has any significant amount of filler is the front lower 1/4 of the drivers side fire wall. After having to bend the door pillar back out (the tub had been hit there at some point) and reattaching all of the pinch welds where the floor board meets the 1/4 that spot ended up looking disproportionately worse compared to the rest of the tub so I massaged it a bit with a skim coat then sanded the living poop out of it. I didnt want to use much if any filler so most of it came off and just the really bad dings were ironed out.

Bottom/inside of the tub are done in gator guard using a shutzszz gun and the outside is capri blue hippo liner. Painted under the hood and the backs of the aprons capri blue but just used regular paint. The w/sh hinges, hood hinges, hood spear and latches are black and the bezel is cryowhatever white.

D

Ill snap more when the tape and plastic come off..

We also got the trollohole carb stuck on as well as his dizzy with new toyota plugs and wires... I think thats it.

D

Got a bunch of stuff put together, 85% of the brake lines are done, clutch line done, e brake hooked up... Found out my new tire and rim combo dont clear the ps tie rod end dammit. 36x13.5x15 iroks on 15x8x3.5 bs steelies, gonna stack washers tomorrow till i clear it and figure out what bs would work. Thinking 2.5" bs 8" wide rim might work.

D

Is there a reason you stuck with 15x8 instead of 15x10? Seems to me they might work better with your tire width, and you should still be able to get a small backspace, but maybe I'm missing something as I've never done a 4x4 build.

Latest posts

Back