T-Bucket Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StylinP

Well, I finally get to build my first rod. I've always started with a complete car, and began modifying it. This is the first semi ground-up car I've done.

Yes, it is a "kit." But I don't have access (yet) to many of the fabrication tools to build it completely on my own. Once I get this one under my belt, we'll start another one for sure.

Besides, you can't beat the price for a reliable, safe (if buckets can be safe that is) rod.

Anyway, on with the pics:

Here's the frame. Suspension parts will start going on as the arrive via UPS this week.

Attachments

• frame.JPG
    frame.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 448
Very Nice !!!

Very nice starting point, looks very interesting.... :cool:
What do you have planned, any specific style in mind ?
Keep us posted and enjoy the build. '22

Thanks, all.

Yup. It is a Spirit frame and their suspension setup. The body is something I picked up from a local speed shop. We have to widen it a bit to match the frame.

Its going to be a pretty bare-bones rod. There are going to be very few "shiny bits" on it.

The engine is a .030 400 Chevy with a mild cam, stock heads, Eldebrock intake, and a 350 trans with a 2000 stall. I'm still keeping my eyes out for a 4 speed, but I want to get this one on the road first.

Here's a pic of the engine as it sits on the stand right now.

engine1.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the valve covers or not. I have set of M/T's sitting on the shelf as well.

Tonight I'm going to start cleaning up the rear end so that it is ready for a buddy of mine to weld the brackets on.

I got my front axle and spring pack today. Tomorrow I expect all my radius rods and hardware.

I should have some pics of assembly this weekend.

Pre-assembled my axle in the living room. Please excuse the ****-brindle brown carpet, (THANK GOD I'm moving in about a month. I can't stand this apartment anymore.)

PICT0012.JPG

PICT0013.JPG

More stuff is coming tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll have the front axle pre-assembled on the frame tomorrow night.

Font axle mock-up. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic...

Attachments

• !cid__0514092335.jpg
    !cid__0514092335.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 280
A good lookin start you got there. You going to the T Bucket Nationals? It is in June in Lenoir NC.

Give me a call when you are ready for your gas tank. We keep all the tanks in stock for Spirit.

Not much to report.

I'm moving this week, so the last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic when you throw all of life's little curveballs in with that mess.

The garage at the new places is 3 times the size of the 1 car $%^&-box I'm working in now. I hope to have more pics up of the initial assembly.

I got the front end on, the steering box in, the master cylinder and brake pedal in. Once I get my spindles put together, and the rear end mounted, I'll measure for tires.

I still have to weld the rear shock/radius rod mounts on the rear end. I need to move to the new place first because the electric at the old place WILL NOT support a welder. Hell, it had a hard time running 2 halogen work lamps! :mad: The new place has 220. No worries.

Wish me luck on the move!

Latest posts

Back