T-Bucket Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the stretched body. Could you give me the details on how you did it?

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry, missed this one. Easy. I cut it in 4 sections, reinforced with wood, glass, more glass, and more glass.

Did I mention glass?

:D

More bodywork...

Attachments

• PICT0047.jpg
    PICT0047.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT0062.jpg
    PICT0062.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0068.jpg
    PICT0068.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 137
I'm using the Summit Racing brand 2K urethane primer. Well, my bud Ricky is the one spraying it and fixing all my bondo-boo-boos! :D

Had some wicked orange peel so we had to wet sand it out. We're going to re-shoot it Th morning. Hopefully we'll get it right. The weather has been hot and humid in NE Ohio, so its been hard to get the right combo of reducer and activator.

Hopefully I'll have some more pics Thursday. I hope to reunite the body and chassis once it comes back to my shop on Friday.

Wish us luck!

Finally a T-bucket that has leg room! It looks pretty nice. When would you have the body on the chassis? I can't wait to see it! :D

Well, we didn't get it quite right and had some drips and runs. So, we DA'ed it down and got it nice and flat. Did a little more wet sanding, and NOW it looks like it should!

I have no idea why the firewall looks white in this pic, must be overexposed. Its actually the same silver I used on the block.

FINALLY, it comes home today! I can't wait to start putting it all together for the final time!

Attachments

• SAM_0321.jpg
    SAM_0321.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 79
It looks really good Pat. We had the same problem and had to reshoot my 27 body because of a couple of runs and dirt. Just one of the facts of life of painting a car without a downdraft booth.

Don

Body, frame, frame, body!

Attachments

• IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 105
Thanks a lot fellers! That means a lot coming from experienced builders. This is my first, so it helps to have the encouragement!

Lookin good! Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm really far behind you but I'm catching up.

Latest posts

Back