T-Bucket Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got all moved in (FINALLY.) I actually got to work on it a bit.

Not much to show. I set the rear end in place to start the mock-up process.

More pics later...

Attachments

• trear.jpg
    trear.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 205
looks like fun! i would love to build a T someday...and i got a chance to meet B.C. from spirit last summer-even took me an' th' boys for a quick ride in one of their cars...they're real nice people up there in mountain home AR.

sorry to ramble on:rolleyes:-keep up the progress and be sure to keep us posted!!!:cool:

More progress....

Man, what a few crazy months it has been. I got married, traveled all over the place, life happens....

Got it in rolling chassis over the weekend....

1107091404.jpg

Thanks for the update Stylin'. Glad to see you are still moving along with it. Don't feel left out if you don't get replys right away, we have so many build threads going on now a guy has to take a day off work to catch up :D

it is good to see progress there, stylin[cl

we all understand the process-literally life gets in the way of rod-building-

keep up the work, a little here, a little there, and soon you'll be cruising in that T bucket....:D [;)

we'll be looking for an update....[P

HRP

Thanks, guys! (WOW this site is so much more friendly than a few others I've visited.)

My good pal Ricky came over tonight to eyeball the body work. And we have a LOT of work to do!

Yes, I'm using a glass tub, FOR NOW. Real tin is hard to come by in NE Ohio. Someday, just not today!

We have to widen the body a bit and lengthen it some as well. I had the body before I got the frame from Spirit. So, things just aren't in the right proportions. Luckily, glass isn't too hard to work with, and if you mess up, you can always cut/grind it out and start over without crying TOO much! LOL!

I should have some more pics this weekend.

Thanks again, everyone!

Made some real progress over the past 2 days. I've got the body pretty well mocked up. Big thanks to my friend Ricky for all the help.

Tomorrow we start glassing. Once it's cured, the body will make its way over to his shop for final sanding and paint.

um, [S ...i think you may have forgotten something.......;)

where are our pics?!?:D!

jsut messin w/ ya ....but seriously where are they?[P

Well, the pics are a bit rough, but you get the idea.

We lengthened the body quite a bit, and widened it about 4 inches. It looks more like a touring car now. I kinda dig it.

Plus, when (if) the wife and I have kids, I can make a "Brat Rack" in the back for them.

On to the pics. The last one, I was just screwing around. The argument for "big and littles" is a tough one....

Attachments

• 1113091635.jpg
    1113091635.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 1113092050.jpg
    1113092050.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 1114091824a.jpg
    1114091824a.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 277
Good job on the build, bigs and littles (tires) always look the best on a t-bucket IMO [cl Ya might want to use caution on wet streets with those slicks though Wanto see more pics of you progress.

Latest posts

Back