1000 $ bet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Misfit

I tell you... I get no respect!
I just bet a friend of mine 1000 dollars ,that I would get 1 of my Rats put together this year. I have lost a couple of bets with her all ready,I dont plan on losing this one.

Just together + drive down the dirt road I live on , and I didnt say which one. Im working on my 49 Dodge right now,but if I have to,I"ll change to my 47 Jeep truck.I could do it fast.

Well, it rained today + its suppose to rain Sat. and Im going to a car show next wk-n so I aint making no progress. I had supper with my friend and she was giving me a hard time and somehow we ended up raising the bet to $ 2000... She is rich,I ain"t. She can afford to lose,I can"t. That first ride is going to be sweet!

When I started building my rpu, I was crowing on some forum that I could build it for some ridiculous price (I think $2000) and be done in a year. Close but not quite, probably $6000 and 10 years.

My rpu was built originally in about 2.5-3 weeks by my wife, a friend who helped weld for about 8 hours, and myself. My wife and I probably had 75 hours or more a week in it. The original build cost me about $2500ish not counting the engine. It can be done but it is hard on ya. We had a local show that we really wanted to attend with it. We made the show and won best rat rod truck with it.

Well hear"s a update. I was busy working on some rental property for a friend of mine , but now I"m done. I'm going to work on my stuff now. I will be up dating my build soon and I will need some help from ya"ll.

Well.It looks like Im going to lose the bet. But,Im going to make ,more than I lose...My friend that I made the bet with,just bought a house and she wants me to do some remodel work to it . Then she wants me to help her move.Then I need to fix her old house and get it ready to sell. I hate not being able to work on my Rat,but Im making $$$. Maybe I"ll get it put together next year,but I aint going to bet on it.

If she is side tracking you with work the fair thing would be to postpone the bet til next year.

Latest posts

Back