1928 buick 28-20 (Two Door)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that is an original radiator it is for an unpressurized system. Of course your small block was meant for a pressurized, so it's just going to keep boiling over on you no matter what temp it is at...

Ran it for a while this evening and I was watching the level in the radiator when something started flapping in the flow. I turned it off and snagged it with a pick...it was a decades old red shop rag, not a thin one like we have today but one like a wash rag. Now it seems to be cooling fine.

Been driving it around watching for bugs, so far so good.

My_Buick_119.jpg

My_Buick_120.jpg

My_Buick_121.jpg

My_Buick_122.jpg

The 16" fan I had on it died going to the Elizbethton Cruise-in Saturday night so I put this Taurus fan on it, fits perfect.

My_Buick_130.jpg

Just finished painting the fenders and running boards black like they are supposed to be.

My_Buick_137.jpg

I used Rustoleum Semi-Gloss black, once it cures out it will be about the same gloss level as the original black on the top section.

My_Buick_139.jpg

My_Buick_140.jpg

I don't think I've mentioned before...I really like your car. It's a nice combination of old car and new power.

Hey Dude!! Looks like you have been busy since Saturday !! The fenders look good black. It was way cool to meet you and your wife and to see the Buick , live in person. I have also learned a new word from you for the Hillbilly unit , "Theme Car " , which is a good description. The wife checked out the Caddy, don't think she likes the roof style too good, even though it is a more rare style ?? Will think on it, thanks.

Latest posts

Back