1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather here is absolutely incredible for this time of year. Almost all our snow is gone and we have temps in the plus double digits c. The sun was shinning and I had to push her out to clean the shop again, so a couple pictures with sunshine this time.

And the door latch system. It is so tight in these doors even trying to do a bell-crank system was overwhelming, so after a couple wobbly pops and a couple nights of laying awake thinking, we have electric openers. The old Caprice gave up her electric door lock actuators. There will be a button on the dash as well as one on the fire wall on each side. One bonus with this system is when the master switch is off the doors are locked.
For handles I made aluminum escutcheons, and added a 1/2 inch wrench for the handle.

Here's a short video of the system working.

https://youtu.be/qWzyec9PXy4

All the buttons will have people wondering for sure. I find it funny when people can't figure out how to open my doors...:D[cl

I thought that looked familiar. I bought a pair of those trucks years ago. Got started on one of them but ended up selling them both to fund another project.

All the buttons will have people wondering for sure. I find it funny when people can't figure out how to open my doors...:D[cl

Only thing that worries me about not having a visible way to open the door is if the EMT's ever have to get me out after a crash. Even the factory push buttons on my Lincoln are confusing to people...

Only thing that worries me about not having a visible way to open the door is if the EMT's ever have to get me out after a crash. Even the factory push buttons on my Lincoln are confusing to people...

I suppose that could be a problem, but they wouldn't wait too long to bust a window.

As a fire fighter i really don't like the name, to much hipe but "the jaws of life" will open most any door rather quickly [;)

What ^^ said:D

Not too much happening, been real busy at work, got the transfer case installed in the GMC. Valve covers arrived and the intake will be here next week.
Went to pull the drums off on Sunday morning to see what is needed and found they still had the factory drum retaining clips!! front shoe on both sides was about 5thou from touching rivets, pretty cool seeing how the diff is from a 1970 LTD and still had original brakes:D

Off to Lethbridge for the family day weekend, so no progress again.

Swap Meet was huge,3 pavilions stuffed with booths. Not too many RR's to look at.

This RR looks not bad from a distance, interior would be very uncomfortable.

My swap meet buys very good deals for up here.

Latest posts

Back