1931 Chevrolet 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SYNDIKT

Hey guys been lurking on this site for a while now and have gained a lot of knowledge from many of you and your builds. Which brings me to my BUILD that I'm finally starting. My build is a 1931 Chevrolet 4 door. I bought the body in pretty good condition with two pluses one was it is a Chevrolet which I'm a die hard GM fan and a F*rd hater, but don't worry I still have respect for the old Ford cars I just chose to be different and go Chevy! Two was the last owner went through all the trouble and expense of getting a real 1931 title for it, so that was a BIG plus for me. I have searched and searched everywhere on the web and there is almost zero 1931 chevrolet or older rods. I'm sure it was because they were not made near as much as the Model A and T's in that era. Plus all the extra work because of the extra wood, but hey I love a challenge. These first set of pics are pretty much how I got it and will be stripped of all the sh*tty metal floor that the last owner installed and the redone wood will be replaced with metal structure. So enough of the small talk and on to the part we all like in forums.*PICS* [P

IMG_0522.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg
IMG_0527.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg

Three great things about it already = body in good shape, title(!), and that grille! Looking forward to more as you progress. :)

Since I forgot to I will fill in some of the blanks on my plan with this car. When I started this build thread yesterday I was half asleep......as I am now! [S For this car it will be bagged in the rear only and the front will be a suicide spring behind with traditional steering. My power plant is a 1976 Cadillac 500 which will have mild head work with big valves and rocker shafts. a big cam, a tunnel ram with dual 500 Edelbrocks with velocity stacks, and then lake headers to expel the fury! [ddd Power should be in the neighborhood of 365-400hp with 550-600ft lbs of torque. [dr Trans will be rebuilt stock TH400 with short tailshaft. Differential is the widest I could find 9 inch out of a 83 Econoline van. It will keep the 3.00 gears as the big Cad don't need no stinking 3.73's to get this light ass car moving. Not that she'll even get traction anyways, but hey that's the fun part of overbuilding a rod. :D It will get a Powertrax lock-right limited locker. Wheels and tires for now will be an old set of Cragars for the rear until I get my matching supremes for the rear. Tires for mock up and roll around in rear will be 31-10.5R15. The front are 15x6 reverse style supremes with some cheap new Nanking 165/80r15. I also have my super secret wheels, but those will go on at the very end of the build. :D I also have a few other things that this car will see in my bag of tricks. So you'll have to stay tuned! [P

500 Caddy...... I had a dream of using the one that came with my 54. Getting the power out of those motors is not hard, but it also is not cheap. Mine I am not sure could be bored far enough to save it. Depressing though because mine has been apart before and had 1970 heads and pistons. So it was a 400pony motor when it was parked....... with nothing covering the carb hole..... allowing water in to the cylinders.....

I am gonna watch this one.[P [P [P
4 doors are cool.......I like it. It looks like you have a plan and are off to a good start. The frame looks good friend. Caddy......I like caddies too. Keep up the good work and show us lots of pics.

Thanks for all the good vibes ya'll I really appreciate it! Oh forgot to add that I also wanted to do a 4 door as these hardly ever get done. That's all more pics coming soon!

Latest posts

Back