1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about sending you that Chinook, Endicott. I think you said that your neighbour piled his snow up right beside your shop so that pile is the culprit, for melting onto your floor, right? Anyway, darn bad luck.
1952, a Chinook is a warm breeze that may blow gently or hard for one to five days, raising the temperature 20 to 30 degrees C [35 to 50F]. It usually is melting for a while so the snow goes down quite a bit. Up in the north-west we get quite a few Chinooks per winter. I don't know how far south or east the Chinooks go.

Looks like a floor squeegee could be your friend, or a wet/dry vac to pickup all the water before it freezes!

Maybe just a water pump lol. I used to have a giant Alaskan malamute named Chinook, she was a darn fine/huge dog weighing in around 125 and thought she was a lap dog.

Hopefully you get the shop dried out so you can get back to work. You're doin a fine job!

Went out to the shop this morning to see just how frozen everything is. Pretty frozen but didn't stop me from doing stuff. Took a sledge hammer to the ice and broke a lot loose but there are a few places where it didn't do much. Filled up half a 50 gallon plastic drum just what I was able to brake apart. Once I was tired of doing that I started to work on my passenger floorboard and got it done. The drivers side is going to be interesting though. I have to make it to where it can come apart around the pedals so it looks like I will need to put a small section of frame work underneath it. That will tie the trans tunnel together and give me a solid place to mount my floor boards to. We'll have to see how it comes together but just seeing the passenger side in makes me feel accomplished. I'm still hoping I have enough truck bed left over after the floorboards to be able to do the rear. If not, looks like I'll be hitting up the junk yards to find another truck bed.

And also I decided to do a walk around the shop yesterday and it turns out that most of the water has actually come from the railroad yard behind the place. So a lot of the snow and ice has diesel fuel and oil in it which makes the ice even more slippery. Their "grounds improvements" are actually affecting the area around more than they know. They filled in a few places that would collect snow and rain but never thought about digging another area up to put it all. Kind of like what developments have to do when they put in a bunch of track homes.

Haven't updated anything lately but with as cold as it's been, I haven't really done much. Got the passenger floorboard welded together and put in. It's turning out just how I thought it would but I'm thinking that ill have to push the drivers seat back a little more. I still have to figure out the steering but I think that can wait until I have the floorboards finished. Anyhow, here's some pictures for y'all visual folks.

Got the drivers side floorboard finished and welded in. Now I'm working on the trans tunnel. It's not traditional by any means but it'll make a nice place to throw a cup holder or just another place to accumulate junk lol. Still gotta figure out the forward piece to clean everything up a bit. We'll haveta see how it all turns up.

Yeah, there really isn't much room, even if I had a more traditional tunnel. I have 2 options right now. One is to cut the brake pedal at the pad and move it over about 2 inches and mount the gas pedal low with the pedals or I can mount it up high above the transmission. I'll haveta figure that out when I get around to it. Right now, I want to just finish up the floor areas and go from there. I still have to pull the body back off to plumb my brakes in.

just heat up the clutch and brake pedals and bend them outwards thus giving you enough room for the throttle pedal...[;)

Endicott, you can bend the clutch and brake pedal mounting shafts quite easily if you heat them up to a little orangier than just cherry red. I think they are forged instead of cast iron.
Don't get so scared of what might conceivably happen [if all the stars are aligned a certain way], that you don't do anything, and miss out on many opportunities.
Keep on tinkering.

Mac, I've read your comment over and over again but still can't figure out what you were trying to say. On the other hand, I didn't do a thing this weekend. I needed a bit of a break. Also, the pedals are made from forged and not cast so I should be okay with cutting and welding the brake pedal. Mind you, I am using Chevy pedals and not the round Ford ones.

Sorry Endicott, I just didn't want you to give up putting your pedals in because, maybe that one chance in a million, you'll get mixed up in a panic situation and put your foot in the wrong place. Don't worry too much about what might go wrong.
My wife says I'm a flaming optimist, and I admit that I dream about what could go right instead of worrying about what could go wrong.
You do have to try to make your hot rod safe, but you have to know when to stop worrying about what might go wrong and get on with life.
If you're a pessimist, then disregard all of my advice.
I want you to keep on building.

So today I actually got up early so I went out to the shop. Got my brake pedal shortened up and decided to make the clutch the same. Welded in the passenger side of the hump and I gotta finish up the front part of the hump. Then I'll move onto the rear floor. Soon enough I'll be pulling off the body to plumb in the brakes. And I'm working the front shock towers out in my mind. They will include something kinda cool but y'all are gonna haveta wait for me to reveal that.

Haven't posted up in a bit but then again, haven't really done anything recently. Started working on the front portion of the hump. It's gonna be another 3 piece part. I didn't have any pieces of sheet that were both long and wide enough to make it out of one piece. And it's been warm, a whopping 40 degrees, so all of the ice that was on the floor is now melted so I gotta get the sump pump working to try to dry it out. I'll post up again once I get everything going right again.

Latest posts

Back