1934 Auburn build....my way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I have been in a slump,"

Here are a pic or two. let me know what you guys think. I really need some encouragement.

Man I tell ya, if I walked into my shop and saw this car sitting there, I couldn't help but smile and get excited about working on it! Just looking at the lines and the "art" of it would get me going. Keep at it, lad! :)

thanks for the kind words. Sometimes working alone, not having enough hands, getting older, and the all "project limiter" short of funds, gets me down sometimes. I just have to remember this is my sanity.....this is my sanity....sanity. LOL

Ok fellows,
I have put a few hours in the old girl this week {Spring Break} I Got the radiator mounted. I got all of the hoses on her and I got all of the brake lines on. I will be bolting the hood on for a test fit tomorrow and I plan on getting the floor pans /floor boards cut and put in. I have decided to use 14 ga. for them. I PROMISE I will get more pics posted by the end of the day tomorrow. She is starting to look like a car now. [cl

update on photos

Here is part of the proof that it is still in the works.

Attachments

• Dad Phone 042.jpg
    Dad Phone 042.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Dad Phone 041.jpg
    Dad Phone 041.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Dad Phone 043.jpg
    Dad Phone 043.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Dad Phone 046.jpg
    Dad Phone 046.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 58
I am not making much progress, but I got a little bit done. I welded in the divider for the trunk area/back seat division yesterday evening. I also pieced in the trunk portion that was once wood. I am running out of materials and have been out of cash for a while. I am just making the best of what I have.

This evening I worked on installing the new fuel tank I was given by my lovely wife for my birthday last week. It is sitting on a rubber conveyor belt an also on some 3/8 in. solid rubber strips I had left from making body mounts. I now have it plumbed in with solid line up to the last few inches and I used rubber fuel line to connect with. I will be moving the fill hose/gas cap in the body that is located about 5 inches too low. This will allow for an easy fill and not be a major problem. I need to connect the rollover vent tube and I can call that a done deal. My plan is to mount the battery next to the fuel tank in a plastic marine battery box. Maybe tomorrow I can work on the wiring and the dash.
I plan to cut the dash out of aluminum and machine turn it to knock down some of the glare. Who knows?

Attachments

• fuel tank 001.jpg
    fuel tank 001.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 30
  • fuel tank 002.jpg
    fuel tank 002.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 27
  • fuel tank 004.jpg
    fuel tank 004.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 31
  • fuel tank 005.jpg
    fuel tank 005.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 29
Your tank looks great Homer. What's the capacity of it?
I can relate to the no cash. I stay broke for 3 weeks every month.
Stay after it, it's looking nice.
[cl[cl:cool:[cl[cl

17 gallon from RCI in Flint TX. I wanted a bigger one, but my wife saw what I had been looking at on the computer and ordered it for my birthday without letting me know. I ain't complaining..

That's probably the safest thing to do. Not complaining.
That's who I got my tank from. I had to change the sending unit for the fuel gauge I have but no biggy.

I didn't use that small wiring harness that was in this Dodge PU. Don't know how many circuits you need but If you want it you can have.

Keep plugging.

You got it. Excuse my laziness and PM me your address.
I know I've got it but I don't want to have to find it in this secure and specialized filing system that I currently use.

I got some things done this week although we had to spend a couple days at the hospital as father in law had brain surgery. I got the drive line measured and I took it to have built, balanced and all new joints in it. I am supposed to have it back on Monday so maybe I can get it installed. I started on the door repair of the cancer she had. My buddy helped me cut, carve, bend and tack the thing together. It don't look like much, but for a man who has never done patch panels where body lines were involved, it don't look too bad. I still have the rear door to do, but it is a start. I am going to be short on shop time for a few days due to family dealings with in laws, but family comes before fun. I also got new lights from "The Chrome Shop Mafia" to use in the rear of this little darling. These are just sitting in place for now to get a good look at the overall of the rear of the car. {It makes me think I made a little progress at least]

Attachments

• door repair 004.jpg
    door repair 004.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 57
  • door repair 005.jpg
    door repair 005.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 50
  • tail light i.jpg
    tail light i.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 53
  • tail light.jpg
    tail light.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 59
Your patch work look great, a little grinding here and there and it'll be like new. [cl
Slow and steady works every time [;)

And yes "family first" :D

Nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish the best for the Father In-Law
After doing the patch panels on my 33, I don't think I'll stop/start the patch in the low area of the body line anymore.
It's just way too hard to get to when trying to grind out the welds unless, someone could shine a little light on how to do it the easier way. jmho and 2 cents worth

Latest posts

Back