1934 Auburn build....my way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well fellas, I just wanted to share.
I got the fenders on the rear mounted tonight. It took me awhile because I had to chase all the threads on every nut mounted in the body for them. I had to modify only one and had to remove one broken off bolt. Not a lot, but progress. I had to spray a little primer on them to make me feel better.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• car stuff 010.jpg
    car stuff 010.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 62
  • car stuff 012.jpg
    car stuff 012.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 50
Every time I see this ride I think about what it looked like when I was at your place last time. You've come a long way and it's looking great.

It's gonna be sweet!!!

Every time I see this ride I think about what it looked like when I was at your place last time. You've come a long way and it's looking great.

It's gonna be sweet!!!

w
Well my friend, it does look more like a car now. It was just a pile and a thought when you were here. I must also say, the old dodge sure has come a long way itself.

Thanks for the encouragement friend.

A little bit more on the little doll.

I finished the fender mounting today [I had ran out of fine thread bolt]. I worked on the aluminum dash panel this evening and got a lot accomplished [to me anyhow:D]. I fit the panel from a cardboard pattern and then cut and fit the new Intellitronix digital gauge panel in. This was a trial and error fit trying to do it with no one to help hold and look and fit. [Duck tape was my 2nd set of hands LOL] I finally decided where to place them and hacked away. I removed them before I got a pic, but they are a blacked out single panel. I am going to take it to a friend who likes to polish stuff and has some cool polishing tools. He also mentioned maybe doing some engine turning on it for me to break up the polished mirror look all the way across the dash. Who knows. I also got part of the sensors installed[oil sending unit and pulse generator on speed o cable connection] . I finished out the evening by adjusting the shifter cable that I had not completed. Some progress is better than none.
last pic is where I mounted the seat to make sure of the gauge visibility. Not too bad for the salvage specials.:cool:

Attachments

• dash panel stage one 008.jpg
    dash panel stage one 008.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 39
  • dash panel stage one 009.jpg
    dash panel stage one 009.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 41
  • seats .jpg
    seats .jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 38
A little bit more on the little doll

That's a whole lot of dash panel! Really liking the keeping it clean thing you've got goin on...
Seats look like they were made for it.

I owe you an apology.... I completely spaced out the small wiring circuit that was in the Dodge. If you still want it, shoot me a PM with your address and
I'll get in the mail this week.

Stay after it, you're doing it up purty. [cl[cl[P[cl[cl

well, its been slow but here is a little progress. I will post more this evening.
All the tail lights in and working. Brake lights in. All four turn signals installed and working. Front end lined up. Brakes bled. Thinking about a test drive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,soon.
Everything is so wet here, I cant hardly even get to the shop, little lone do much.
More to come.[P

Attachments

• phone june 030.jpg
    phone june 030.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 55
  • phone june 029.jpg
    phone june 029.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 60
got to love those big ol fenders! front shot looks great... keep at it!

The weather has been a little rough in your neck of the woods huh?
The ride's looking killer. I love the front end especially.
Have you had it on the road any?
Keep beating on it Brother.

Well, I got alittle more doneand I promised a few more pics. Here ya go.
Headlights got reworked. I drilled the inner housings and installed H4 new model bulbs. I also got the pics of the new gauges I promised.

Attachments

• maiden voyage auburn 006.jpg
    maiden voyage auburn 006.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 49
  • maiden voyage auburn 004.jpg
    maiden voyage auburn 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 55
  • maiden voyage auburn 005.jpg
    maiden voyage auburn 005.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I also took her on her maiden voyage today. I tried to video it and I have a video of her at start up today but...................they turned out to be upside down when they got on the computer and I don't know how to flip a video over. I will play around withit and try and post one up.
I have a giddy smile on my face like a teenage boy after his first date with the cheerleader. [cl[cl[cl[cl[cl [dr[dr

Latest posts

Back