1934 Auburn build....my way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually called the ACD looking for parts and told them I was rodding it and the guy vapor locked [deep intake of air and then dead silence for 20 seconds or so and then asked me to please repeat it to insure he heard correctly]. Of course I did and silence...............again. Oh well he should be a rat rodder I told him then he might appreciate a good car. LOL

I actually called the ACD looking for parts and told them I was rodding it and the guy vapor locked [deep intake of air and then dead silence for 20 seconds or so and then asked me to please repeat it to insure he heard correctly]. Of course I did and silence...............again. Oh well he should be a rat rodder I told him then he might appreciate a good car. LOL

I bet you was thinking he had a heart attack! :D

[cl

I kind of saw that one coming...

The thing I find funny is the hardcore restoration guys never seem consider the condition you got it in. Some vehicles after that many years are prime for restoration, and some are prime for rodding.

This one was stamped in the rusted parts..............ROD ME, PLEEEAAASE, ROD ME. So, being the good old boy of Oklahoma, I says............"sure. Bubba get the smoke hatchet and them there welding rods in here. We gots to do us some metal surgery" [;) [cl :eek:

Well, I got a little more done on the little doll this last week. I had to have one spring re-arched and I got the shock mounts fabbed and shocks installed. Not a lot, but progress.
pics of shocks and the ride height now......approx. 3 1/16" off of the tire. tell me what you think.

Attachments

• today 008.jpg
    today 008.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 25
  • today 009.jpg
    today 009.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 26
  • today 010.jpg
    today 010.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 26
  • today 011.jpg
    today 011.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 23
  • rear shocks.jpg
    rear shocks.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 26
I had to re-arch one to match the other. Plus I needed to get a little clearance for the tires on the 9 inch. She came with 4 inch wide tires and wheels and no room under the fenders.[cl

Ok fellas,
I know it has been a while, but I had a chance to do some more to the little darling. Money has been tight and work has been really busy as well as trying to get back into our house. {I don't want to talk about that though]
Here are a few pics of some of the top straightening and smoothing out. she ain't done, but about ready to block out. Maybe I can make progress a little faster now.

Attachments

• top 1.jpg
    top 1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 37
  • top 4.jpg
    top 4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 36
  • top 3.jpg
    top 3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 33
  • top 2.jpg
    top 2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 35
  • b4top3.jpg
    b4top3.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 40
  • b4top2.jpg
    b4top2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 39
  • b4 top1.jpg
    b4 top1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 42
not sure what it came out of. Someone had it tacked/brazed in the little darling when I found her.
Only reason I asked, I installed one out of a 59 Chevy wagon in a 34 Pontiac for a customer and the ribs went down.
attachment.php

I installed one out of a 62 Chevy wagon in my 33 Pontiac and the ribs went up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6775.jpg
    IMG_6775.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 268.jpg
    268.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 113
got a little more done on the little doll. Not a lot, but a little always makes me feel better. Primer and a guide coat to work with. next is the stuff I HATE.

Attachments

• primer 8-4-a.jpg
    primer 8-4-a.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 39
  • primer 8-4-b.jpg
    primer 8-4-b.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 34
  • primer 8-4-c.jpg
    primer 8-4-c.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 34
got a little more done on the little doll. Not a lot, but a little always makes me feel better. Primer and a guide coat to work with. next is the stuff I HATE.

Hate is a really strong word that is way over used sometimes but when it comes to body work I am of the opinion that it lacks something. I feel your pain brother.

Your ride is looking sweet, stay after it.

E man
momma says keep rubbing and smoothing, so rub and smooth it is.

Pops
you are correct. I do not like at all this stage.....at all,but......[cl

Latest posts

Back