1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZZ I think it was the wheel choice that drove the last nail over there. And no apology needed over here! the car, your skills and eye for the right lines is just fine with us! Even if you do build Off Topic golf carts![cl

Wheel choice was made a long time ago. It was the slick paint and bodywork.

This is the most awesome car ever. Being able to see all the work that you put into this car is a great way to keep everyone motorvated. Thanks for sharing.

attachment.php

You need to enter it in the contest... Freaking sweet ride, I want to go for a ride!

I have followed this build from the beginning, but have not commented until now.

Your skills are amazing and the end result of this car is absolute tribute to those skills. Your skills also include the vision of how to get the proportions just right. I've seen lots of people who have metal working skills, but absolutly no indication of what looks right when everything is done. You have put everything together, and I don't see a single thing from your pics that doesn't look "right". You should hold your head high and enjoy all the fine comments that will follow this car where ever you take it.

I agree that this car does deserve magazine coverage, and maybe we have a fearless leader here (that just happens to be starting a magazine) that would be willing to put in print a story on this amazing car.

ZZ...Absolutely a beautiful car!!!!

Wheel choice was made a long time ago. It was the slick paint and bodywork.

Yerright Flipper. The wheels are Rockets, cast, not billet - some people see that they 18s and 20s and just lump them all into the billet category. I love wide whites and steelies too but regular 15" wheels just look too tiny on these larger cars. I see a lot of guys using 15" chrome wires on similar cars and they just don't look right.

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks - I keep sneaking out in the garage at nite to gawk at it - almost can't believe it's mobile and nearly done !!

Attachments

• sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 020.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 020.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 123
  • sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 023.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 023.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 135
  • sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 022.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 022.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 135
  • sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 026.jpg
    sep 9 2012 34 cadillac 026.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 123
ZZ, Your an amazing builder, I just found the 55 build while looking for the cart build. Your profile says that you are retired, can I ask what you did for a career? IF it was not a designer or a professional rod builder you missed your call. I would be interested in any postings you may be able to put up on past projects. Very inspirational to us less talented rodders. Thanks for all the time it takes to document these.

I don't think I've seen a more beautiful build ever. That has to be just about the sexiest thing I have ever seen!

Utterly stuning! No one could ever believe that a car of this caliber came out of some guys home garage, and yet here it is. ZZ you are going to hear it all over this car. Congradulations on yet another outstanding build. Well done.

I can't add anything that already has not been said. I'm so glad you post on this forum else I never would have had the pleasure of following this build to its wonderful conclusion.

Would be interested in knowing how you developed all your skills, your background, etc. Just a brief biographical sketch, ya know.

ZZ, Your an amazing builder, I just found the 55 build while looking for the cart build. Your profile says that you are retired, can I ask what you did for a career? IF it was not a designer or a professional rod builder you missed your call. I would be interested in any postings you may be able to put up on past projects. Very inspirational to us less talented rodders. Thanks for all the time it takes to document these.

I can't add anything that already has not been said. I'm so glad you post on this forum else I never would have had the pleasure of following this build to its wonderful conclusion.

Would be interested in knowing how you developed all your skills, your background, etc. Just a brief biographical sketch, ya know.

I get this question a lot and I'm sorry to say my working life had zip to do with cars - 20 yrs working in a nursery and another 18 doing landscaping and yard maintenance. Working on cars has always been a hobby, the sickness began with making go-karts from 2x4"s and lawnmower engines, I've always built my own toys - they're just getting fancier (and more expensive...).
This build has been exhausting, a pretty complex car with way too many parts - I usually never spend more than a year on a build, life is too short to spend it all in the garage !!

" life is too short to spend it all in the garage !!"

Or is life too short to spend it anywhere else?

I have been impressed all along, but I figured you were a retired body and fender guy/ mechanic. Now I'm just stunned that someone without a professional background could accomplish this level on such a difficult project.

If you are this good with the car's proportions then I would LOVE to see some of the yards you designed! Some people just have the raw talent and patience to do nice work. Bravo! The car is awesome![cl

Latest posts

Back