1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken at Car Chemistry sells kits that allow you to do both the straight through setup and the capped center tube setups. He's a pretty good guy to deal with and will set you up if you want to just buy his kits. Otherwise, you can look at the pics and fab something yourself.

Setting toe

For checking toein on anything this is the procedure I use.
Raise front tires off the ground, clamp a scribe or thin marker to a jack stand or other solid base and while spinning the tire gently slide the marker into the tire tread area preferably on a smooth portion of the tread untill you get a mark all the way around. Do this on both sides. Now you have consistent marks on the tires regardless of tread wiggle or bent rims or tire bulges. Set the car back on the ground. Run plum bob from scribed line down to floor and Mark. Do this front and back of both tires then take your measurements. I actually use two plumb bobs tied together and draped over each tire and held in place with tape so I don't have to mark the floor. Hope I explained this right. Also you might want to cycle the suspension and turn steering back and forth and check it again.it helps to find sloppy components. Hope this helps. Pauly

Had some good truck time this weekend...!

Got the alternator sorted out... Switched it out ... Seems something was wrong with the diode in the other one... (Even though it was new) Dads been on YouTube... Learned how to check the alternator...

Took her out for a 15 mile run on sat.. Got her up to 65mph.. Everything seems good... Still need to dial in the steering she's wandering ... I find myself constantly adjusting... Part of which is due to the slop in my box I still need to adjust out...

The fiancé was jealous she didn't get to go for a ride... So Sunday we took a ride from the city back out to where the truck is to go for another ride... Probably a 25 mile run... Got lots of thumbs ups and waves...

I decided to take the opportunity to take some cool photos... Plus Bama is putting together that calendar

Dad had the ladder out he was cleaning the gutters... Took some overheads

I really like this shot

Last edited:
Thanks guys! felt good to put some miles on her..

my fiance was funny... we were cruising along..

she says.. "you know what?"

me what?

"I feel pretty bad a** right now"

lol..

I like the angle of the first shot, but the shadows kill it. :(
The second one though looks great![cl[cl[cl

I got a few more on the downward angle... I just thought that one was funny with my shadow in it... But will still have the truck shadow

What did you use to seal your gas tank?

Haven't yet... Going to go with red kote though...

Ok, so now that you have driven it, when do we get to see the next project? I can feel the withdrawal pains already.

By the way, I used Red Kote on my gas tank and it hasn't leaked a drop. Might not be a very good test - I haven't put any fuel in it, yet.

Latest posts

Back