1936 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky, pm with the details. I'd like a couple turns and a high beam.

Well i have no video to prove it, but this Ol Binder went around the block a couple of times today:D I changed out the rear springs to a pair of 14" 200 lb ones i got at the swap meet this a.m. for $10. I definitly would like to put a sway/anti-roll bar in the rear. Over all i am going to be ok.

Thanks Corpo. I was talking to my buddy that helped me with the floor pans. I think we are going to pull the doors and make new skins. If this happens, it'll be on to better paint.

Lucky, pm with the details. I'd like a couple turns and a high beam.

Well i have no video to prove it, but this Ol Binder went around the block a couple of times today:D I changed out the rear springs to a pair of 14" 200 lb ones i got at the swap meet this a.m. for $10. I definitly would like to put a sway/anti-roll bar in the rear. Over all i am going to be ok.

Congrats on the first ride![cl[cl[cl Get some video if you can...not that we don't believe it...just want to see it in action!:D

-Troy

Had an issue with the truck tonight. I was working on finishing up the column, when the coil basically melted. I had forgot i had the key in the run position. Why would this happen anyway, it's in the run position why driving. Hopefully the coil was just bad and not some wiring issue. It was a Pertonics flame thrower coil. Any input?

When it's running it is discharging the spark...with the key on and it not running it over heats and boom.

This is pretty elementary stuff...

Ya, that's my dumb ass award. I'm going to put a light for low oil psi and that will remind me the key is on hopefully. Ya hear that LUCKY D. i need a red led as well. LOL

Well i guess i got lucky. I put another coil on it and it runs. $20 mistake is better than burning up the entire ingition set up or my garage/house:eek:. Lesson learned, TURN OFF THE SWITCH! LOL

I've been busy doing little things here and there. What are these beaters going for these days. I guess my ? is, What is mine worth if i were to put it up for sale. I've had some bills come in from my health issue back in late Oct early Nov. and my garage is already full. Not saying i'm going too, but if i had an offer, BOOM it'd be gone for the right price.

Sorry to hear that you're in a bind. It's hard to tell the value of rods like these or to even ball-park it. Too many different variables. I hope you don't have to sell it!

-Troy

Troy, i don't have to sell it. I've got my other stuff pretty much covered. I was just curious. It's starting to get warmer now and i'm getting anxious to drive it. Unless somebody makes me an offer i can't refuse. LOL

Troy, i don't have to sell it. I've got my other stuff pretty much covered. I was just curious. It's starting to get warmer now and i'm getting anxious to drive it. Unless somebody makes me an offer i can't refuse. LOL

Can't sell it til you get the LED's installed ;)

Can't sell it til you get the LED's installed ;)

OK they are in:
36IHRatRod002-6.jpg

Got a couple of other things done. Got my bed cover made. Just need to power wash the floor of it so i can do some art work on it later. I used barn tin that i got at the scrap yard for 1 cent.
36IHRatRod001-4.jpg

Also thinking i'm going to run the hood. Any thoughts?
36IHRatRod004-4.jpg

On a side note. Probably won't get anything done the next few days. My Grandma passed away this evening. I just got home a bit ago from the hospital, she was my second Mom. If any of you still have grandparents, call them, go see them, tell that you love them.

Latest posts

Back