1941 International Bobber

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troy,
I have different spindle brackets coming that are a inch longer because of a limited turning radius when cross bar hits the bat wings. Hadn't thought about a panard though because the mono spring is jamed between the bat wings but prob should have one for alinement? The steering link is level with the ground but it doesn't bind going from side to side.[S

Some people don't use a panhard bar with cross steer, but in my experience and knowledge about it the spring isn't meant to keep things centered...only to absorb bumps and stuff. I'm not sure if the angle of the steering arm will cause a problem or not...I'm going to look through some of my stuff at home tonight...if I find anything I'll let you know. I've always been taught that the steering should only be on a slight angle from the draglink...but never "why"...I'll try to confirm tonight.

Maybe someone else has some input on it?

-Troy

Front Panard bar

I ordered a front panard for my 41 after researching.Ron Pope is sending me one.
I cut the headers down and added a 16" turndown and baffles.
I finished the bed also. Will upload pics soon.

Forward progress

Been working hard on the Bobber. The cab is done except final paint,
headers are done. Bed roughed in.Gas tank mounted.

Attachments

• progress009.jpg
    progress009.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 62
Looking good Sully! [cl[cl[cl Keep up the good work! I took a look at your PhotoBucket...the headers look like Schoenfelds? Keep us posted.

-Troy

headers

Yeah real close.I capped off the ends and welded a 3" x 18" at a angle and put a baffle in from a set of lakesters I bought at a swapmeet. :cool:

I'd sell them if the $$$ talks,lol. They have been sandblasted and I paid 40 bucks for them at a swapmeet. I'll clearcoat them to keep the gray color.

Just kidding. thats what makes it fun is finding cool stuff and puttn it on the rod cause you like it and nobody else has to. just fun go cruzin to the local burger joint

Latest posts

Back