1946 ford f100 first build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little more work done on the roof. what you guys think

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bkj5tf.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bkj5tf.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 47
sorry heres the pics

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bynyvy.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bynyvy.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 59
  • SprintPhoto_b50yxy.jpg
    SprintPhoto_b50yxy.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 46
  • SprintPhoto_b3qxwy.jpg
    SprintPhoto_b3qxwy.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 57
got the pasanger side done today.

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bssn3d.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bssn3d.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 27
  • SprintPhoto_boir4d.jpg
    SprintPhoto_boir4d.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 28
  • SprintPhoto_b0pr5d.jpg
    SprintPhoto_b0pr5d.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 35
Truck's looking pretty good so far...:cool:

I was going to post about doing "relief cuts" to allow the rear corners to spread at the top and shrink at the bottom... But by the time I got to the last pic, you'd already figured it out!!:D

If you're using your stock chassis to "Z" and suicide spring up front, you may want to dig back through the "Builds" section for hotrodpreacher's '52 Ford F-1 build. He basically did the same thing you're talking about- PLUS, as an added bonus, a little pie-cut on the chassis right at the firewall, just to bring the front end down for a bit more "rake" than just the suicide front end alone. The other benefit is, that little upwards bend on the chassis is a subtle and sexy trick. Doesn't clobber you over the head like a 12" front and 18" rear "Z" does, but looked really cool, IMHO.

Keep taking pics, I'm interested to see how things turn out.[;)[P

Regards,
Shea:)

any input and advise will help out hope to start on my frame this weekend:D

Before hitting that frame are you going to run the floor up in that cab any. I did 10" in my 51 and ended up with 13" between the dash and floor. I wanted to keep the flat floor look But still had to cover 6" of frame and 4" of drop in the frame under the cab.

Before hitting that frame are you going to run the floor up in that cab any. I did 10" in my 51 and ended up with 13" between the dash and floor. I wanted to keep the flat floor look But still had to cover 6" of frame and 4" of drop in the frame under the cab.

no i wont be raising the floors up. im going to just z it. my cab already has about 4" over the frame with out doing anything.

Truck's looking pretty good so far...:cool:

I was going to post about doing "relief cuts" to allow the rear corners to spread at the top and shrink at the bottom... But by the time I got to the last pic, you'd already figured it out!!:D

If you're using your stock chassis to "Z" and suicide spring up front, you may want to dig back through the "Builds" section for hotrodpreacher's '52 Ford F-1 build. He basically did the same thing you're talking about- PLUS, as an added bonus, a little pie-cut on the chassis right at the firewall, just to bring the front end down for a bit more "rake" than just the suicide front end alone. The other benefit is, that little upwards bend on the chassis is a subtle and sexy trick. Doesn't clobber you over the head like a 12" front and 18" rear "Z" does, but looked really cool, IMHO.

Keep taking pics, I'm interested to see how things turn out.[;)[P

Regards,
Shea:)

thanks for the tip bro. ill look back in the builds to find hotrodpreacher's '52 Ford F-1 build.

looking nice

first few pics of the roof I thought the straps to spread and hold it in place were pretty clever but the welds didnt look hot enough. a few pics later they looked great so it might have been the angle. I would go all original like you said and z it.

first few pics of the roof I thought the straps to spread and hold it in place were pretty clever but the welds didnt look hot enough. a few pics later they looked great so it might have been the angle. I would go all original like you said and z it.

thanks bro. yea someone else had told be that the welds arnt hot enough. but i never knew how to weld. i just grabed it and went for it:D im 22 years old and not really having help on this just the tips and advise you guys give me lol:cool: thanks RRR!

got a little more work done on the roof today only worked on it an hour and a half. [;)

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bp2bo1.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bp2bo1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 40
  • SprintPhoto_badan1.jpg
    SprintPhoto_badan1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 46
a little more work done today

got my doors cut. whats up best way to do them? ill be suicideing my doors too. ill be cutting out the old door hinges.

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bpcwy0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bpcwy0.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 47
  • SprintPhoto_bxjzz0.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bxjzz0.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 47
a little more work done today

man it took for ever to get my door hinges out i had to drill tmem out[S
will be getting some hinges for my suicide doors:D

also i think i cut a little to much out the front of the door frame what would be the best way to line and fill it in? thanks in advance:cool:

Attachments

• SprintPhoto_bnk0vb.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bnk0vb.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 60
  • SprintPhoto_bemutb.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bemutb.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 59
  • SprintPhoto_bgfwub.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bgfwub.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 55
  • SprintPhoto_bgvoyb.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bgvoyb.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 64
  • SprintPhoto_bfkpzb.jpg
    SprintPhoto_bfkpzb.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 59
no i wont be raising the floors up. im going to just z it. my cab already has about 4" over the frame with out doing anything.
good plan..if your building your own frame on one of these fords just z the frame and save the trouble..I did 8" and 18" on mine and I think its plenty low without losing any interior space..

your chop is looking great, I haven't found the cajones to cut mine yet:D

good plan..if your building your own frame on one of these fords just z the frame and save the trouble..I did 8" and 18" on mine and I think its plenty low without losing any interior space..

your chop is looking great, I haven't found the cajones to cut mine yet:D

i wish i could build my own frame. but i have no clue on how to do that lol my dad was saying it would be hard to do with out a frame jigg.?? so ill be useing my old frame to z. what would be the better route? and im trying to keep the cost down clost to nothing.

thanks on the chop i just been winging it i never done anythiong like this:D it sure is fun and i do learn alot from this site!:cool:

Guess im not the only one!

had the same prob with my window frames! I was gonna tell you to cut the top off then split the top and see how much to take out. Idid the same as you probably did by chopping out the same amount as the a and b pillars without checking it first. to fix mine i took the pieces I cut out out the frame and cut thin strips out to weld back and fill in the gap.

Latest posts

Back