1948 Chevy Truck "RAZOR"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update on truck

Ok everyone I have roughed the roof back on with a lot more finish welding and grinding to be done. But it is structurally sound once again. Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think.
When I first chopped the cab years ago I took 3 1/2" out. I didn't think it was low enough nor attitude enough for my build. So I cut another 2" out of the front and 1" out of the rear. For a total of 5 1/2" in the front and 4 1/2" in the rear of the cab.
I'm happy with where it is right now, I will get some side shots of the truck in a couple weeks after I get it rolling. Until then I hope these pics suffice for now!!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• PICT0001 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0001 (800x600).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 248
  • PICT0004 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0004 (800x600).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 171
  • PICT0005 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0005 (800x600).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 206
  • PICT0007 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0007 (800x600).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 195
  • PICT0008 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0008 (800x600).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 169
My plans were to get a bunch done on the truck this last weekend but mother nature changed my plans!! It has been cold raining and snowing around here for the past few days. I have been so focused on getting progress done that I overlooked getting heat in my shop. LMAO Sometimes we get our heads right and forget everything else.

So this coming weekend I will have some more pics to post of progress, will be getting the motor and tranny located and building the firewall and new cab floor.

So STAY TUNED!!!![P

If there were any way you could make the hood extend right down to the frame, instead of having a grill shell I think it would look very good. With vertcal slots for air flow. Man I like this build.

Looking good !!! I think all of the truck cab rats look better with the use of their hoods. Use as much identifyable sheetmetal parts. What are your thoughts on your bed ?? Thanks for the pics. [P

Thanks to all of you for diggin' the project. I promise to get more update pics posted by Sunday night at the latest. This weekend I need to get a lot done on it so I can get the shop ready for the winter cold that will be coming soooooooon!! Things will start happening at a much faster rate so I can get this truck ready for the road by April. I will keep you all in the loop as to what is happening with the build[;).

By the way rainman thats not a bad idea actually!! I will look it over this weekend when I stretch the hood and see what it might look like. I may rough it in and post pics to get all of your opinions on how it looks!!

Again Thanks guys for all of your support!![cl[cl

That thing is gonna look very cool when it's done! I kinda wish I would have built my 48 fenderless instead of doing the s10 swap. I like yours with the hood on it, and the mean chop looks way cool.

hood and grill updates

Well here is what I did get done when I actually got time to work on the truck this weekend. Pics of the 6" stretch on the hood and one side of a grill I mocked up that I really am starting to like.
But I need you all to look at the masked up grill and tell me which one looks better with all of the round body lines of the truck.

Let me know your input on the grill!!

Attachments

• hood and grill mods (1).jpg
    hood and grill mods (1).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 174
  • hood and grill mods (5).jpg
    hood and grill mods (5).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 132
  • hood and grill mods (3).jpg
    hood and grill mods (3).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 124
  • hood and grill mods (6).jpg
    hood and grill mods (6).jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 131
  • hood and grill mods (7).jpg
    hood and grill mods (7).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 126
That is just too cool. Sure wished i had used my hood now for sure

Razor

I like the way you've cutter up! Ballsy![;) Great build, like the way you did the roof header. It matches the cowl great. Like the grill concept also. Its hard to get a hood to look right on this body style of truck but your doing it. Great job, keep the pics coming!

Man that looks killer. Funny because i placed my hood on my truck last night and didnt have the guts to chop up the hood but i will use some of your to do mine. Looks great.

Latest posts

Back