1949 AD-kota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to lose the bench in favor of some 2000 seats with built in seat belts. It is a 40/20/40 and the 20 is too wide, still working that part out.

Here is the sub-frame layed out on the fab table [;)
49dakota079.jpg

Bolted to the sub-frame and set in place
49dakota081.jpg

49dakota080.jpg

You can see the notch at the back, no in cab tank anymore
49dakota082.jpg

49dakota083.jpg

Been having great weather here, finally. trying to get trees trimmed and the yard ready for winter :eek: yuk, it's comming. More updates as soon as the outdoor work gets done.

seats

nice seats.

now that the fuel tank is moved, all ya need to do is weld up the hole in the cab and no-one will ever know ya moved the tank[cl

l moved mine to the bed and welded in the filler hole and am very happy with where the tanks is now.

looking better all the time. hope ya get it drivin' down the road soon:D

Later:cool:

Come on dude, you've had time to cut every tree and blade of grass around! We wanna see that AD moving :D

Saw the video you posted today......sounding good! Now that's gotta be a morale booster :cool:

[P[P[P

Come on dude, you've had time to cut every tree and blade of grass around! We wanna see that AD moving :D

Saw the video you posted today......sounding good! Now that's gotta be a morale booster :cool:

[P[P[P

Ain't nothing like a little pressure:rolleyes:

Should be a yard driving video by the end of the month. The brides gal bladder surgery earlier this month slowed me down a bit. I have 11 days to reach my goal. Then the rest of the winter for assembly, hoping for a spring cruiser.

Got to show I still have my hands on this project,

Photo0058.jpg

Don't have much on the process, but the results are encouraging. Spent most of 6 weeks scratching the hair off the top of my head.

Photo0056.jpg

Added a fender and tail light for effect.

Photo0057.jpg

The tailgate is only good for mock up. But check out the steel floor. Alot more finish work ahead.

Photo0059.jpg

Todd, just read through your thread. Excellent fab work. Will continue to follow your progress. Look forward to your next post.

No progress this year. Basketball season is wrapping up at work and got a week off at the end of the month. Hope to get more accomplished then. Thanks for asking.

Hey Todd neat build. Pretty cool making your marker lights into turn signals. The Alan Grove brackets work great but look a little crude when you first get them. I used them to put a big block in a 72 pickup with air, power steering and of course an alternator.

Well boys, here is my little progress update.

The transition from the gas to the brake was too much. Since the arm kicked out at the bottom the pedal was moved back an inch. Now I can get to the brake without lifting my foot.
Photo0071.jpg

A buddy re-did the console, it needed to be narrowed. So I got that installed and getting the trim back on the lower part of the seats. Still need to figure out upholstery.
Photo0070.jpg

Photo0072.jpg

Next was fitting and welding a filler between the dakota floor and the AD box. I got to use my clecos finally.
Photo0069.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

Also made a press brake, had the stuff laying around for 5 years. It is all scrap pieces.
Photo0073.jpg

New toy alert!

Bought this kwik lift from the brother in law on Saturday. That night I was under the truck doing those little jobs I didn't want to lay on the floor and do.

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0094.jpg

Photo0092.jpg

coming soon. This is my busy month at work. I have also been doing the body mounts for the Willys and my buddy is bringing me a '47 Dodge pickup cab and front clip for an S10 chassis I have. Darn, might need to start a couple more build threads.

Finally figured what I wanted to do for inner fenders. Surprised I have hair left [S. Bought a jeep style trailer fender for a tandem axle. The angle on the cowl and the fender were different (naturally). Here is the drawing for the right bracket.

WP_000083.jpg

Latest posts

Back