1949 Business coupe update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me be the umpteenth person to congratulate you on a job well done. Your patience, along with your skill were required for this project.

Ya know, a great cruise for you next summer would be to come up to Back to the 50's, here in Mosquitosota.

Nice work Pat! I just watched your video. been while since I have listened to the Guess Who [cl

Yeah, that's good stuff, John. They were a great band.

I should be doing a short road test tomorrow; over the last few days I wrapped up a lot of little stuff. I built a new shifter handle with some 1/2" stainless rod, wired the radio and put a check engine light in next to it, got the carpet and seat back in, plus some other goodies. Still a fairly good list of misc to finish but it should start making some short shakedown trips this week.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 63
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 63
Thanks, all. Other than a few minor bugs to address, it's pretty much done. My wife and I gave it a bath today and took it out a little. It runs and drives really nice. Should be hitting the first show next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 57
Thanks! It was really nice to actually drive something instead of working on it the whole weekend. I hit two shows Saturday and drove it around a lot both days. Lots of confused people trying to figure out what the engine was. Still got a few minor bugs to address but it's all stuff I can fix on the fly. Im taking it to a Saturday night Main Street cruise next weekend; i'll try and do a short video while I'm there.

Seems I forget that part about driving them after they're built.

Glad to see it on the road and giving you lots of enjoyment. She's a neat one.

that is so pretty
my wife would love it
and i do too!
you do great work and i want you to have big fun with your bitchin toy!
i would drive that thing daily[cl

Latest posts

Back