1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally, some pictures!!

Here is the box I built.

Attachments

• DSC_3685.jpg
    DSC_3685.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_3680.jpg
    DSC_3680.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 48
more pics

Was a pretty cold day so we rolled it out quick and snapped a few shots before we froze.

The headlights are propped up with magnets:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC_3685.jpg
    DSC_3685.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_3683.jpg
    DSC_3683.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_3687.jpg
    DSC_3687.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_3686-2.jpg
    DSC_3686-2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 53
Was a pretty cold day so we rolled it out quick and snapped a few shots before we froze.

The headlights are propped up with magnets:rolleyes:

Looking good, Gold! The proportions look great! Do you plan on lowering it any more, or is this the ride height you're planning on (just curious!) [dr

As for the cold, tell me about it, I did the Polar Plunge in Lake Summerside yesterday. It was nippy!

I can't wait till this white stuff is gone and I can burn rubber again![ddd

Thanks for all of the positive comments guys.

I am not lowering the truck further. This is the ride height. I plan on driving it and Edmonton has S$%T for streets! I tend to drive hard. Besides to lower any further I need to raise the drive train to get oil pan and transmission clearance. Just not into it. :D

And it was the first day of real winter. Not that I'm complaining but I haven't even had time to acclimatize this year.:eek:

Headlight mounts

Spent some time installing bracing from the firewall to the grill. Sorry forgot pics.

Also built a mount for one headlight. Now the trick is to make one more similar enough that noise notices a difference. Cut up an old handle bar off a Honda Bike, then did a reweld to look like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back