1951 Ford F1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The truck looks great Don! I know your glad to have all the little things out of the way. The offer still stands, if you ever get the uncontrollable urge to build another one - I have alot of the same parts just gathering dust waiting to get put together! Hint!-Hint! :D:D

Thunder1

I entered the "Rat Truck" in its first show since I finished it. The New Mexico Super Nationals, a 3 day indoor car show at the State Fairgrounds.

I got to park next to some shiney cars. Not only shiney but very expensive. Like a 1970 HEMI Dodge Challenger!! Guess who's vehicle got more attention?

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Your truck deserves more attention than its expensive neighbors. It shows creativity and individuality. You did a great job.

I really like the idea of those subtle pinstripes on your truck. They look really at home without being too much.

Thanks for the pics

Gotta say the 'simple' stripes were the way to go. I'm not much for stripping myself, but those lines on the grill shell really set it off. Good job on stealing all the attention away from your shiny neighbors. And the movement gets stronger.....

Thanks guys! Yesterday was the main day of the show. I think they had an exceptional turnout. I guess people need to get out and do things to get their minds off the current economy.

Anyway the attention the truck gets is phenomenal. There is only one other rat rod there and one 35 all original patina car. The other rat rod was getting quite a bit of attention and the 35 Chevy also. Mine had people four deep wanting to look at it and hundreds of questions. It was unbelieveable. I was quite suprised and very please the truck has been an amazing hit.

It may be that people see it as an affordable alternative to the typical high dollar hot rod. Something that people may be able to afford now that money is tight. They still want to have a hot rod and this may be the way to go right now!

Last edited:
Well Done

Looks great! I agree every one the strips really add something that you always need but when you do just makes the candy that make sweater!:D

I didn't like the way the back of the seat feels. It's not very comfortable so I pulled it out and stripped of 5 layers of covers and upholstery. I'm going to cut it down about 3-4 inches and reduce the thickness. It now covers about 4" of back window.

I guess I already did that by pulling off all those layers and cotton batting. I'll cover the springs in burlap and put 2" foam rubber and then the blanket back on.

It will now be low enough for the gun rack!

031-1.jpg
[

New Valve Cover

Bought a new Offy valve cover for the engine. I've wanted one since the beggining finally brought down and bought one.

Think I should paint inside the fins or leave it.

018-4.jpg

019-3.jpg

TO much BLING for me

I would mist it with Ruddy Brown Primer (KRYLON) and then wipe it off with a thinner rag till I got the vintage look I wanted.

I'm a big spender that's my nickels worth...

P.S. I believe that sometimes less can be better, good point Thunder1.
But matching the block, that only works on Bling'n show cars, were the engin and components are painted the same color as the car.

Craftyken

Last edited:
I never did post pics of the finished seat. It's about 2' Lower and 2" thinner. I put a curve in the foam where you sit so now it has lateral support for the sharp turns. ;)

Feels much better to me when driving it.

20090415_1a.jpg

20090415_2a.jpg

Latest posts

Back