1951 Ford F1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to pull the transmission out of the truck yesterday. It's been leaking some and after driving it last weekend it got worse. I talked to the guy at the place I got it and he said to bring it down. It's leaking out of the inspection cover so I thought it was the front seal. He said it sounded like the torque converter. Whatever it is he said he'd take care of it. He's going to change the speedo gear at the same time soit will be more accurate. It reads real high right now.

I pulled the tranny out again. It's leaking worse now that they "fixed" it. They couldn't tell where the leak is coming from but they changed the the front seal and pump gasket last time.

I think there is a crack somewhere they can't see. I'm taking it back Wed. and asking for a replacement. I'm not changing it for the 3rd time. But I am getting good at it! :rolleyes:

OH, the joys of hot rodding!!!

I have just spent a lot of time reading this thread. (worth every minute) Your truck is amazing. It seems as if we have similar design ideas. I hope my project (47 Willys) turns out 1/2 as nice as yours You deserve all the recognition you get. You have built a VERY nice piece.

We went on a long ride this past weekend in the truck. Everything went well except going up hills and in traffic its really loud! :eek: So loud my left ear hurt and I got a headache. As much as I hate to I'm going to have to modify the exhaust to be quiter or I won't be able to drive this very far. Winter project I guess.

We went on a long ride this past weekend in the truck. Everything went well except going up hills and in traffic its really loud! :eek: So loud my left ear hurt and I got a headache. As much as I hate to I'm going to have to modify the exhaust to be quiter or I won't be able to drive this very far. Winter project I guess.

Been there done that! I know how you feel, I live in the mountains just out of Yosemite Park, pulling the hills made me go deff. What did you say? the weathers great. LOL
Ps. I put cycle baffles in mine.:D

Curt

Great looking truck. What he said about bike baffles. Sanderson also makes these I think for zoomies:

4a10b289a63fe_86290b.jpg

Regards,

Reverend D

My coupe is pretty loud too DMW. I also plan to do something about that eventually but I'm just too busy right now and it will have to wait for a while.

I did put some baffles in my pipes but my car didn't right right with them so I removed them. Too restrictive I reckon.

I put some $5 JC Whitney baffles in my pipes, much better. Still fairly loud under load but not deafening anymore.

Attachments

• G_16266G_SW_1[1].gif
    G_16266G_SW_1[1].gif
    6 KB · Views: 30
I already have the VW exhaust tips on it and they quiet it up quit a bit. I may try adding a baffle ahead of the tips to see/ hear how that works.

But I also have a really cool plan for some extended header pipes with some exhaust tips I have.

I was asked to do a photo shoot of the Rat Truck this Thursday for a local magazine "New Mexico Rods and Rides". Location is at a place called Frontier Saloon in Moriarity, NM it's an old closed bar/saloon with the hitching post still out front. Never asked about the pin-up models????

Hope to get some copies I can post here.

I was asked to do a photo shoot of the Rat Truck this Thursday for a local magazine "New Mexico Rods and Rides". Location is at a place called Frontier Saloon in Moriarity, NM it's an old closed bar/saloon with the hitching post still out front. Never asked about the pin-up models????

Hope to get some copies I can post here.

What? Why didnt you ask about the models?? lol

Latest posts

Back