1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. No antenna so no tail eman.:)
I never liked the dummy spot lights but a a certain point they became the norm.

I feel the same way about visors, I dont really care for them but everyone else loves the visors. I bought one recently because of this. :confused:

great work as usual or "as per yoush" as my teenager says.

I feel the same way about visors, I dont really care for them but everyone else loves the visors. I bought one recently because of this. :confused:

great work as usual or "as per yoush" as my teenager says.

Thanks joe. I was always taught that a chop wasn't done until you cut the vents and they opened and closed.
I like visors on some cars that are stock but not for a traditional custom. They tend to spoil the flow of the roof line.
Torchie

Don't want you guys to think that I fell off the face of the earth....

Did a little mocking up of a possible custom dash for the truck.
Took a perfectly good 49-50 Ford car dash and cut it all to pieces.:eek::eek:
Here is the results so far. Moved the gauge cluster to the middle..
Going to need some messaging but it will work. Going to tackle the other side tomorrow
Thanks for looking in on me.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2847.jpg
    IMG_2847.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2851.jpg
    IMG_2851.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2866.JPG
    IMG_2866.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 32
Alright, you can tell us now....how many years were you a disgruntled Ford designer???[ddd:D
Honestly, that looks good the way you set it up![cl

Thanks Gang.:)
My wife came out into the shop while I was cutting up that perfectly good Ford dash and said to me. "I get it now. You just like to cut $#%& up."[ddd
Don't expect much progress today as I'm dragging my tail this morning plus we have to get ready for our oldest coming home for a visit.[cl
Torchie

And so it goes.......

Just wanted to let every one know that this build thread has come to an end.
After much thought on my part I have sold my custom truck project.
It will soon be on it's way to what I consider to be it's spiritual home. California.
I can't begin to say how much the positive comments and support from all of you on this site have meant to my friends.:D
I don't know what is in store for me far as another car or truck goes but I do know that what ever I do I will keep you all in the loop.
And I still plan to check in here and give my 2 cents weather asked for or not.[ddd
Thanks for sticking with me for 200 plus pages.........:eek:
Torchie

Well that sure was unexpected. I do understand tho. I just wish you could have finished your truck and been able to see your vision rolling down the road. Hang in there brother. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

WOW! Didn't see that coming...... but I understand you gotta do what
you gotta do....really enjoyed following along with the build...
we'll be waiting to see what happens next with much support....

Sad day in rustville

Hope every thing works out for you. If your on the west side and need any thing give me haler.
Maybe a little music video now and then [S
It's been good following along with your great work. [cl

I'm guessing this was a financial decision. I respect that. I hope you got rewarded well for all the exceptional custom work you did on the truck.

Stay healthy and keep posting, my friend.

Torchie, I hope this isn't due to another medical setback...I really do! I've enjoyed the build all along like the rest.

That's too bad. I really like following along, even if it had only been for the last 50 pages or so. But I think we all understand. Sometimes life gets in the way of our dreams and they get sent off to the next guy to finish. I really hope that they stick with your ideas and make it into what you visioned from the start. I also hope they get on here and post up their progress cause I would really like to see the finished product. Maybe do a little bucket or roadster next time, and enjoy the rod sooner. I hope that if it is medical related that you get better soon.

Latest posts

Back