1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love the look of this truck. I feel like I should come and help you Finnish it.

Oh and if we had a like button I'd push it!!

Thanks Gang.
But some more of the chrome on the front today.
Mocking up the bumper gives me a good idea as to the brackets that I will need to make. as I am using the front brackets that I have on the front bumper that's on the rear of the truck.....[S
Or maybe I will just look for another set of front brackets.:D
The bumper corners need to come up a little and there is about 3/4 of an inch between the bumper edge and the grill.
I will install the PS spotlight tomorrow.
Thanks for looking in on me......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2782.jpg
    IMG_2782.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2777.jpg
    IMG_2777.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 23
I'm sure we can't really tell from the photos, but in the pics without the bumper, the bottom edge looks like it has interesting curvy details that get covered up by the bumper.

I'm sure we can't really tell from the photos, but in the pics without the bumper, the bottom edge looks like it has interesting curvy details that get covered up by the bumper.

The Plymouth bumper is using the same mounting holes in the front fender as the stock 1941 Ford car does DJ.The Plymouth bumper is a bit wider then the 41 so you may not see as much of the bottom edge of the front clip.
Torchie

The Plymouth bumper is using the same mounting holes in the front fender as the stock 1941 Ford car does DJ.The Plymouth bumper is a bit wider then the 41 so you may not see as much of the bottom edge of the front clip.
Torchie

Looks great, no matter what. Any news on the doa engine?

Looks great, no matter what. Any news on the doa engine?

No good news DJ.
Looks like it is suffering from low compression as well as ????
I am going to try oiling up the cylinders and see what happens. This engine apparently sat a lot longer then I was led to believe.
I will get back to it soon.
Torchie

Installed the PS spot light today.
Even though I had left and right side brackets I didn't have the drill bit guide that you use to get the bit orientation right.
Went to the local hardware and picked up a steel bushing with an ID of 1/2 inch which is the size of the drill bit. Got one of the thinner ones that they had and found that it fit perfectly into the exterior bracket.[cl:D
I love it when a plan comes together. Pics tell the story.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2800.jpg
    IMG_2800.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2785.JPG
    IMG_2785.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 31
Tedious stuff but it's got to be done.......
Cut down the DS vent window today.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 17
Some progress on the engine..

I also messed with the Olds engine again yesterday.
I oiled down the cylinders and let them sit for a day. Then yesterday I Hit the carb with some starter fluid and got it to fire briefly so there may be some hope for the beast after all.[cl
Think I will hook up a temp gas can and see what I can do.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back