1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just realized......how can one follow a build closely for two freakin' years and not make a comment? :eek: The truck is turning out great Torchie and I'd offer some advice but you are better at this stuff than I am so I'll just continue to watch. :D

Glad to hear about your weight loss, that's gotta help......and some spring weather would be some good medicine too! Lord knows I could use a few days in a row with temps over 50.

Stay after it my friend, I think of you often and we're always pulling for ya at the Snake Farm.

You have a great attitude and outlook Torchie!! Maybe you should consider being a motivational speaker :D I hope you and the wife get to feeling better, Best Wishes.

-Chris

Thanks gang! You guys are the best.[cl [cl [cl
I always go to this forum first thing in the morning. I consider it a part of my on going treatment. And I am sincere in saying that.
It's a sunny day so lets see what we can get done...:)
Torchie

This mornings Progress

Finished up blasting a few more brake parts.
The biscuts are the lower retaining plates for the brake shoes and the rings are the grease retainers.
Before and after with a shot of paint.
Off to the hardware for some grade 8 fasteners.
Thanks for stopping by.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 11
Amazing how paint really makes things look so much better.:)

Looks even better when it is installed smitty.:D
Backing plates and Grease retainers all installed with new grade 8 fastners.
That's all for today folks.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
Well that's all sort of......

Going out to rent a movie for tonight and I stopped to ponder my handi-work.
I then realized that I had made the most common error in working on old Ford brakes. I put the grease retainer in upside down.:eek: But so had the person before me as this is the way it was installed when I took it apart.:eek: :eek: :eek:
10 Minutes later and all is well with the world. (Well at least my world):)
Now I can enjoy my evening movie in peace.....;)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 14
Oooops!!! Glad ya caught it. What ya watchin???

Got a couple smallfoot. The Imitation Game about the British Scientist that helped crack the German code in WW2 and Wild Card which looks like a Jason Stratham Crash. Bang. Boom
Will watch the first one with the wife. Then when she falls asleep in her chair I will watch the second one with my head phones on.:D
Torchie

Got a couple smallfoot. The Imitation Game about the British Scientist that helped crack the German code in WW2 and Wild Card which looks like a Jason Stratham Crash. Bang. Boom
Will watch the first one with the wife. Then when she falls asleep in her chair I will watch the second one with my head phones on.:D
Torchie

i Think I''ve seen the Imitation Game but not Wild Card...enjoy Torchie!

Yep the grease retainer thing is pretty common. And I don't think that it is really a problem running with them upside down.But that;s the kind mof stuff that keeps me awake at night.... lol
I did a set back in the 70's and they were upside down as well. And I know for a fact from the drivers log the old guy had kept that the brakes had be redone sometime in the early 60's.:eek: :p
Today I'm going to spend some time getting reorganised and finding all the nuts and bolts that I need to get the front end back under the frame.
Have a great day everyone.....
Torchie

Latest posts

Back