1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to go Torchie. I sure like the looks of your collection of reamers. Although it's a little scary when you say the case has more quality than the tools. We have one line at Princess Auto like that too.
I think we've been having better weather than you for February and March. Maybe you should move up here.

Lets see if we can put 2 days of progress back to back...

Plan for today is to mount the front spring and spindles.

Pics 1-3. Got the axle and wish bone up on a table as well as the spring.
Dang these parts are heavy. Or I'm just getting old....:eek:
The shackle bushings have a square shoulder to the shank that matches the square hole in the dog biscut. So when pressing them in I tried eye ball there position as best I could.
First side bolted up and then the other side.:D
On to the spindles.....

Pics 4-5. According to the Ford manual the King pins should be "Palm Fit" which I was taught to mean is you can press them in using your hand and not a BFH.
Greased up the lower bearing and lo and behold. I pressed them in with my hand.:) Also checked the gap between the upper spindle eye and the top of the axle boss to see if it needed shims. All was well so no shims were used.

Pics 6-8. There is a notch on the king pin that lines up with the hole in the axle. That is where the King Pin lock goes in. I used the old acorn nuts rather than the new standard type nuts provided as they also act as a turn stop. All greased up and ready to go.:D
Well that's it for today. Thanks for looking in......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 25
Nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At certain times in a build, it seems like a long time getting to a point. This is one of those points and the patience you used shows, in the end result.

3 days in a row. Maybe it's a habit.....

Despite the remaining snow the temps warmed up enough for me to get the backing plates sandblasted and painted.
Not perfect but much better than what I started with.:D
Off to the Drs for an apt this afternoon.
Thanks for checking up on me.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 13
Hope the apt showed some good news and progress.....hang in there brother,

Thanks for all the good vibes gang.:)
The Drs. apt today was actually for my wife. She will be having eye surgery in a couple of weeks.
As far as my progress goes I don't see the cardiologist till the end of April but in the mean time I am doing the only thing that is known to stop and possibly even reverse my condition. I am on a totally plant based diet. Yep. Torchie has gone Vegan.:eek::D
Started on Jan 16 the week after I was diagnosed. I have lost 46 lbs since then. I was so bloated from water retention and weight gain that I couldn't even put on my fake leg. Blood pressure has dropped almost 40 points and I have stopped using one of two insulins I was on as my blood sugars are back in line as well..[cl :D
Still don't have a lot of stamina but I am working on that as well. The Drs. told me that there was nothing they could do. But they didn't say that there was nothing I could do.:D
So we will see.......
Torchie
Torchi

Latest posts

Back