1953 Chevy Gasser Racing my Dad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprout

Some time back there was a thread started for gassers and Altereds. I posted a picture of my Dad and I racing. My Dads 29 Stud altered worked me that day. It's been a long winter getting teased by the Old Man. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that should even things up some. I scored a vortec motor and robbed the 062 vortec heads off. I took my std 4 bolt 350 and had it bored 30 over and decked the block. Full valve job with better Comp Cam springs plus Comp Cam cam and lifters. roller rockers and a new set of Speed Pro pistons raised the Compression up to 10:1. Plus added a new forged crank. I 'm hoping to be around 400-425 hp and around 460 torque. And if this is not enough I added a 150 shot of NOS. Now Let's race. :D

Attachments

• birgasser.jpg
    birgasser.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 80
  • rat1.JPG
    rat1.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 49
  • rat2.JPG
    rat2.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 73
  • rat4.JPG
    rat4.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 55
Both those cars are really Kool!!!...Where is Rock Falls Dragway??? and what speed and ET's are you and your dads cars turning??

Thanks Sixtall, Fuzz Rock Fall is in Wisconsin about 70 miles from our home in St. Paul MN. The Sude is getting in the low to mid 11's around 117mph. That's when I hope to be this year.

Go get em sprout. I think your pops may have the weight advantage on ya. Looks like you'll have to out power him. Really cool cars...both of them. Good to see you guys having some fun with it.

sebin3.jpg

I think I have to keep my speed secrets for myself, If I'm going to hang in there with you two! :DI've got a 12.5-1 406 short block going in the Crosley this spring. Now, If I could just hold the pedal to the metal...:eek:

Bob W. I stopped down at the shop today. My Dad made you a racing shoe.

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 47
The motor made it into the car today. So far my Dad is not worried, but I over heard him today order some larger jets for his NOS system. I think I have him shaking in his racing shoes.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 35
So, you think a chunk of railroad track will keep my gas pedal foot on the floor? I wish it was that simple!!!:eek:
Nice to see the new bullet in the engine compartment.
Keep in mind, I can add NOS too...Just have to hire a driver.;)

Car made it back together today. Motor fired and runs great. Wouldn't you know we got 4 inches of snow today, so I didn't get a chance to take the Old Chevy out for a run.

Attachments

• ratrod1.JPG
    ratrod1.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 30
  • ratrod3.JPG
    ratrod3.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 25
  • ratrod4.JPG
    ratrod4.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 21
  • ratrod5.JPG
    ratrod5.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ratrod6.JPG
    ratrod6.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 19
Thanks 50Ford, Took the car for a little ride yesterday. That new motor sure woke up the Old Chevy. Can't wait for the roads to clear up. Should be a fun summer.

Latest posts

Back