1953 f100 floor question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensens ratrods

cut the floor out and channeled it . if i make the floor out of tubing .what is the best to attach it to the cab .i know i have to make a tunnel .have a whole s10 for medal. any pics or ideas will be appreciated thanks[S

Attachments

• DSCF0045.jpg
    DSCF0045.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 29
1953 f100 floor

just removed old floor best way to put new floor in .what is the best way to attach floor framing to cab . plan on using s10 floor as much as i can. not as big as the 53 floor. but plan on using trans tunnel. and making cab mounts s10 mounts were all rusted out . but floor is still solid .been looking at pics on here of floors . do you tack weld or sold weld it to cab . just want to make it safe .first build so all is new to me . thanks[S

i guess it would just depend on what/ how you build it.
and how much floor youre replacing...
youre going to want a good solid weld from front to back and side to side
-- actually -- all of the framing should be solid welds where theyre meeting up.
but the actual floor could just be tacked in i guess -- i mean it could just be screwed in...
if it was me, i would have solid welds everywhere i could.

1953 f100

ya i know the frame were every joint is needs to be solid . I'm just wondering .on back of cab will i get the tin too hot and burn thru .been looking at other builds on here think i got it figured out thanks for all the help appreciate its great site for help thanks .

Solid welds as much as possible. If you can put a hunk of copper behind what your welding, it'll help with the burn through on the thin stuff.

ya i know the frame were every joint is needs to be solid . I'm just wondering .on back of cab will i get the tin too hot and burn thru .been looking at other builds on here think i got it figured out thanks for all the help appreciate its great site for help thanks .

send me a pm if ya need any help
ill shoot back my email and give ya a hand.

floor mounts

Hi Karl

What I used for my rat was 1x2 steel tube layed on it's side (for floor supports) and 1x1 tube for the trans support. First you wanna get the cab mocked up to where and how you want it to sit when it is finished. You could use some small angle iron for tabs for the tube to sit on(maybe off of the bottom of the door posts). You can also use the old s10 body mounts but you will have to cut them off the existing frame and reposition them to fit the Ford cab. All I do is find some steel thats not too rusty and then grind it shiney and then start mocking things up to close up the holes in the floor. Just my 2 cents thats all.

1953 f100

will be putting motor mounts in this weekend and trans mount .then i will know were my cab will end up . but fist have to work on my tarp motor for my dump truck . rolled out but wont roll back up . then i have to put brakes on my wife's car . mow the yard with all the rain we had . quess i will be busey . thanks for all the help really appreciate it

The best way, and the way it's been done for decades, is to leave the stock floor in place then cut out the body from around the floor... you then drop the body to where you want it and simply reconnect the floors to the body using filler strips... you're doing it the hard way IMHO.

Do a google search 'how to channel a hot rod'... there's a good article from Street Rodder...

to LATE NOW LEAVE IT TO ME TO DO IT THE HARD WAY. HAVNT WORKED ON IT FOR AWHILE.TRYING TO CATCH UP ON STUFF AROUND THE HOUSE. BUT WILL BE ASKING ALOTOF QUESTONS LATER .THANKS FOR THE INFO

Latest posts

Back