1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ideas.....

Hey Old Iron....yeah, sharing ideas is one reason we are here, isn't it. But I can't take credit. A buddy of mine had the idea to put it there. I like the location so well that if I build another one and it doesn't have an ashtray, I'll cut a hole in the dash and put a door on it! LOL:D

Thanks for the good words...:)

Lynn

Too many birthdays....

Thanks Mike. I don't mind getting down in the floor......it's the gettin up I have a problem with....LOL.:eek:

Lynn

Buford

Thanks Tired Iron, for the compliment. I don't need a hauler so, I'm gonna put an 11' flatbed on it. Ain't plannin on haulin much.....just cruisin.[cl

Lynn

Still here!

I HAVE been workin on Buford!!!!. I missed a few days. I had some household "Honey-do" stuff to do.:(:(:(

But I have been working on mounting my a/c condenser in front of the radiator. The one I had would not quiet fit...too wide! So I had to check with my buddies and I found one that fits. I just need to fabricate a couple brackets. Should finish the "Honey-do' assignment in a couple more days and then I'll get back to the important stuff.....Buford. LOL:D:D

Sorry....no pics yet.....but soon.[P

Lynn

...a little at a time!

No big deal but I got my a/c condenser mounted. I'm gonna make a panel to block the space beneath the radiator so the air will go thru it.

Here's a foto......:D

Attachments

• IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 23
Hey Ray,

Cool....hehe. BTW....Have you started buildin that house yet?[S

Yeah, finally making some progress on it after the wettest spring I've ever seen here.....it's been a struggle getting it out of the ground :mad: I need to start a thread on it and post up some pics.........since I'm not making any progress on anything else.:eek:

Makng progress.

I am mocking up my seats in Buford. A friend gave me an air ride seat base out of a school bus. It is much smaller than the ones for a semi. I'm gonna use it on the driver seat. I'm looking for one for the passenger seat. Got a pair of Honda seats from another friend to rob the tracks to use so the seats will have some adjustment.

Also, another buddy gave me cushions from a pair of bucket seats. I trimmed them down to fit my bomber seats. I'm gonna have them covered with bomber jacket material. I'm not gonna install them permanently.....just gonna lay them in the seat when I'm driving.

And....installed my column, steering wheel, booster and pedal assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0861.JPG
    IMG_0861.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 44
Oh yeah.

Thanks DR. Yeah, at my age ain't got much padding of my own. LOL When I used to sell big trucks, I got used to those air ride seats.:D

Lynn

I am mocking up my seats in Buford. A friend gave me an air ride seat base out of a school bus. It is much smaller than the ones for a semi. I'm gonna use it on the driver seat. I'm looking for one for the passenger seat. Got a pair of Honda seats from another friend to rob the tracks to use so the seats will have some adjustment.

Also, another buddy gave me cushions from a pair of bucket seats. I trimmed them down to fit my bomber seats. I'm gonna have them covered with bomber jacket material. I'm not gonna install them permanently.....just gonna lay them in the seat when I'm driving.

And....installed my column, steering wheel, booster and pedal assembly.

do you have anymore pic of your floor work and tunnel cover?? if so can you post some thanks

Floors...??..well

Most all the floor in my COE was pretty good. Driver's side was the worst. I just cut it out and glued in a piece of 20ga. using the new "panel glue". I put some cross braces underneath....nothin fancy but very solid. I don't have a tunnel. I got Buford as low as possible but with the motor under the cab, I couldn't go any lower. I plan on using half of a 55 gallon drum on it's side for a doghouse.

Here are some pics. If I can be of any further help, just ask. Hope this helps.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 51
Forgot to post this, and I found this out after I did most of my floors, but places like Granger sell metal drums that are smaller than the 55 gallon drums too, for very cheap that could be cut up into a tunnel...

Shakey, another source for a low air ride base would be the passenger side of a 9900, 9400, or 9300 International truck. The AC unit is under the seat on those trucks, and the seat base is pretty low, may even be the same kind that you have.

Floors and seat air ride.

Thanks for the info, DR, but Buford doesn't need a trans tunnel. Even as low as I have it, it's not low enough to need one. I tried but I couldn't get it any lower. I am gonna use a 55 gallon drum for my engine cover because my opening is 23 inches wide. A 55 gallon drum is 23 inches wide. I think it will work if I cut it in half vertically....we'll see.[S

And thank you too, Bamamav. But today, I went to a local school bus operator looking for an air ride base. As it turned out, he has a bus he is parting out. It has an air ride. I got it for 50 bucks. Gotta go Monday and take it out. It is a couple of inches taller but that's ok for the passenger seat.:D:D:D

(Are you keepin' an eye on me, Eman? LOL);)

Thanks again guys.

Lynn

Latest posts

Back