1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Stuff..

I went today and got another air ride base for my passenger side bomber seat. Found a local school bus operator that is parting out a bus and, luckly, it had an air ride seat. A friend went with me and helped me remove it.

I am going to use it on the passenger seat. I got tracks from a Honda to use with it.

Early Saturday morning, a friend brought over a light bar for Buford. Hadn't planned on a light bar but I guess I'll use it on my headache rack. It looks pretty cool.:D:D

I also installed my booster and swinging pedal.

Attachments

• IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0865.JPG
    IMG_0865.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 58
It's me and Buford....

Yep...still here, way over on Page 13!. Almost fell off the end of the forum, LOL. Well, so much stuff happened to us....complete computer failure. Had to save up to buy another one. Tryin to figure it out. The new Windows 8 is a pain. I am working on figuring out how to do photos. I'll post some soon.

Also, Wifey lost her job 21 months ago. All she has been able to find is part-time...like 1 or 2 days per week. But, good news. She has found one for 40 hours per week. Starts in a couple weeks. Since we are so broke, I started a little business 2-3 days per week. I started selling rags....yep, rags to clean-up shops, car lots, garages. That takes time away from Buford but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh yeah, I had skin cancer. A lot of it suddenly on my scalp. Surgery and a cream treatment. That took time...but I think it's gone...for now.

I have been getting some time on Buford and have made progress. I won't bore you any longer. I'll post more soon.

Lynn

Thanks!

Thanks DR for the support.

Hey Bamamav...confused ain't nothing for me. I do it all the time. I will certainly check it out. Thanks.

Lynn

5 hours today...

Yep...workin on Buford.

Thanks Kenny. Yeah, that cancer kinda scared me. But, thank the Lord, it isn't Melanoma. So they say it won't kill me but still.... I'm watchin it close.

Hey Ray, House Builder Extrordinaire! (my spell check doesn't even know how to spell that one). Thanks buddy. It's good to hear from you too. We are taking care of business. Everything is going good....still blessed, you know.

I took photos today so as soon as I figure out where they are in this soul stealing machine, I'll send them into the ether.

Lynn

Finally! (Maybe)?

Well, here we go. If these pics come thru, I'll send the rest.

This accelerator pedal I modified from an old racing boat. My friend, Henry Merc) gave it to me. The "Ford Racing" on the end was a key ring I found in Buford.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 23
OK...I'm cookin now!

Finally figured it out!

The other part of the pedal is a Lokar piece I had. I took the pedal off and replaced it with a nylon drawer roller from Ace Hardware. The black pedal mounts to the floor and lays on the roller. Makes a very smooth gas feed.

One tube on the firewall is the fuel line and regulator going over to carb. The other one is a vacuum line from carb to booster. I'm gonna use one of the air boxes off the van to hide the electrical on the firewall. (I just stuck it up with duct tape so you would see what I plan to do.)

More to come. Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 65

Attachments

• IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Doghouse...

I am planning on using a 55 gallon for the doghouse. I have a steel but I am going to pick up a plastic one. It would be lighter and easier to handle, I think.

I made a buck using foamboard. Here are first pics.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1015.JPG
    IMG_1015.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1000.JPG
    IMG_1000.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 60
Thanks Chris. I hope it turns out like I envision it.:D

Lynn

I say that every time go out to work on my project haha :D If i could get the stuff to come out like i have it pictured in my head i could quit my day job and do this stuff for a living.

-Chris

Doghouse.

I decided to try a plastic 55 gallon drum instead of steel. Obvious reasons: lighter, easier to handle, and no sharp edges. Here are some pics of first rough cut. It appears as though it will fit great with quiet a bit of trimming.

I bought two plastic ones for 12 bucks each. Just roughing this one in. The other one is much nicer and will be the one I use.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 50
The latest....

Change in plans for the doghouse. Got a friend workin on something. Should be ready soon. I'll post pics. when it's done.

Meanwhile, here is a photo of my dash and instruments. Still workin on it....just stuck there with tape. The gauges are from a 61 Studebaker. The aluminum strip with black groves I cut off of the threshold plate from my donor van. I two-toned my dash to match the steering wheel. Here are some before and after shots. Not finished yet but I like it.

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1026.JPG