1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaker "box" looks great. [clI love sneaky stuff like that. I could think of several things that would be handy to keep in a space like that. :rolleyes:

I assume it will not bang into the windshield when opened.

Speaker "box" looks great. [clI love sneaky stuff like that. I could think of several things that would be handy to keep in a space like that. :rolleyes:

I assume it will not bang into the windshield when opened.

Well daah, I forgot to check the windshield. I was happy just to get it to open. Would it be a give away if I put a rubber bumper on the windshield?

Glad you like it guys!

Well daah, I forgot to check the windshield. I was happy just to get it to open. Would it be a give away if I put a rubber bumper on the windshield?

Glad you like it guys!
LOL! Maybe just a restraint chain or something inside the lid if it is even needed.

Last edited:
a hitch for your giddyup

If you're still looking for something to mount a pulling device to your floor with, I always thought these were cool.

FloorPotXSect.jpg

Floor Pots

They have an integrated cap & are flush with the floor when not in use.

-Chaz

(woah that pic was bigger than I thought it was)

I wish I had known about floor pots when I was building my shop. The wagon has been on jack stands, so I haven't done anything about a winch tie downs yet.

The trunk floor is finished and even primed, although the pic was before I primed it.

trunk%20014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I measured 1 inch difference in the wings that connect to the radiator support. I suspect that might be a measuring error when I modified the wings, but I am not sure which side is correct - hopefully the short one. Or it might be half on each side.

front%20end%20mock%20up%20001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Right away I can see there is a problem with the ECM location.

front%20end%20mock%20up%20002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The air intake kit (fits '99 and up Silverado) looks like it might work going toward the driver's side. It will work going the other direction, but I'll need to move the battery to the driver's side and rework the inner fender. :(

front%20end%20mock%20up%20003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got this Optima battery holder several years ago and it fits nicely in the original battery location.

front%20end%20mock%20up%20004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For some reason I forgotten the antenna hole that needs to be filled.

front%20end%20mock%20up%20006.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tomorrow I'm hoping to set the hood in place to figure out which wing needs adjusting and to check the height of the intake tube.

Last edited:
I wish I had known about floor pots when I was building my shop. The wagon has been on jack stands, so I haven't done anything about a winch tie downs yet.

When I was living in AZ, I had a post tension floor in my garage so I couldn't put floor pots in. Does your shop have post tension? Is there another reason you can't put them in after the floor is down?

-Chaz

When I was living in AZ, I had a post tension floor in my garage so I couldn't put floor pots in. Does your shop have post tension? Is there another reason you can't put them in after the floor is down?

-Chaz

No post tension. When I built the shop, the concrete guys poured short (I found that out when it rained before the roof was on and I had an inch deep lake in the middle). My 3 1/2" slab is actually 2" - 3" thick except around the edges. I could core out the slab, dig a hole and use hydraulic cement to put floor pots in. So, I guess the only valid reason is lack of motivation.

No post tension. When I built the shop, the concrete guys poured short (I found that out when it rained before the roof was on and I had an inch deep lake in the middle). My 3 1/2" slab is actually 2" - 3" thick except around the edges. I could core out the slab, dig a hole and use hydraulic cement to put floor pots in. So, I guess the only valid reason is lack of motivation.
I think I would have been having a "chat" with concrete guys. :cool:

I think I would have been having a "chat" with concrete guys. :cool:

Well, that's what happens when you get the low price sub with only a verbal agreement and pay in cash. I certainly have a lot of different opinions about building a good shop floor these days - then I was just excited to have a real shop with a floor that wasn't dirt.

Got the hood on yesterday. The driver's fender wouldn't allow the hood to square with the cowl and the passenger side looked like this.

fender%20adjustment%20002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I dug out the original core support and found that the mounting bolts were about 1" off center. Originally, I widened and centered the new core support, and modified the wings an equal amount. Yesterday I cut the wings inside the mounting holes and welded on new pieces that would locate both pieces equally to the frame. This little mistake cost a full day. Here's the result.

fender%20adjustment%20003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
fender%20adjustment%20004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also got a chance to check clearance on the intake tube. I'll need to cut 4 to 5" off the tube and add another elbow and change the mounting bracket, but at least it fits under the hood.

fender%20adjustment%20001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good Job

I'm having the same problem with the sprint. Thought i was close until the hood went on. On this one you have to take the fender off to adjust the door and you have to have the door on to adjust the fender [S

Yours is looking super. [cl[cl

It's good to find the problem now, before paint, but it makes me wonder what else needs to be addressed.

This one the doors have to go on before the fenders as well. I'm really procrastinating on the doors.

Well, that's what happens when you get the low price sub with only a verbal agreement and pay in cash. I certainly have a lot of different opinions about building a good shop floor these days - then I was just excited to have a real shop with a floor that wasn't dirt.
I hear that. I can't say I never made a bad call. :D

Latest posts

Back