1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great [cl

did you ever get the doors lined up with the new weatherstripping?

Yes, The weather stripping is all installed. The driver's door works great, the passenger door needs a little more taken off the weather strip to get it to latch. The lift gate needs some adjustment on the strike plate, but I'm waiting until I get the glass installed to work on it.

Those should really kick some sound....

That's nice work![cl

Thanks guys. Those were my first fiber glass panels ever. There are some things I would do differently next time. Hopefully these are good enough and there won't be a next time. They will get covered with vinyl that will hide the flaws, I hope.

Been working on the "trunk" cover for a while. The bottom has a rabbit to allow for the lip it sits on. Finally got it installed.

The valance finally got some more attention. Got it fitted up and the driver's wing welded on. Shot it with high build primer and sanded it. This morning I shot the BC/CC.

Attachments

• trunk cover.jpg
    trunk cover.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 22
  • valance 2.jpg
    valance 2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 20
  • valance3.jpg
    valance3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23
Looking great! Is there storage under the panel?
When are you going to hit the road with it?
Very nice.

Yes. The spare used to be in there. I raised the floor to accommodate the deeper fuel tank it is about 8" deep.

I need the valance to get the brace for the hood latch installed. So that's why the push on that.

I want to get the windshield installed before I start putting fluids in it. Don't want it to sit for a few months before I drive it. Might get that done this week or next.

These days I only get a few hours in the morning from 5:30 to about 9 to work on the actual car before it's too hot in that modified greenhouse. The shop is much cooler, but there isn't to do on the car in the shop. They are forecasting 120 for next Sunday, so I don't think it's going to get better very soon. On the other hand, once I get it driving I can move it into the shop.

When is it going to hit the road.

This is the stage where I really get excited about getting it started and driving. But it is also a stage of high anxiety.

A problem in any system can mentally kill all my momentum. I really don't want to know that there is a leak in a brake line fitting. What if I can't get the clutch cylinder bled - had that problem with the 3100. Odds of that engine wiring harness working seem slim; the odds of being able to fix it are zero.

Somehow the power steering pump needs to get bled - it's not like you can run the engine without it. Pressurizing the oil in the engine seems nearly impossible at this point - a mechanic I know says that's no big deal in this case - is he right? What if, like John Griffin, the injectors are plugged from sitting so long?

At any rate, that's a very partial list of the things that keep rolling around and keep me trying to finish everything possible before I have to start fixing the hard to fix stuff.

DJ, please try to chill, you have done a very outstanding job on this project and there is not reason why the ending will be any different.[cl
I know for my self and most others here abouts will be sending really good thoughts your way, if you need help i'm just next door:rolleyes:, give a call if needed.
When it gets really hot have a cold one and think about cruising next winter [P

I have found that the dreading is a whole lot worse than the actual deed.
But I still worry about all the what ifs.

Just go for it brother.

I didn't mean to say I was stressing over all the what if's, just that I want everything else done that I can get done before I have to deal with the problems.

And then when I get the problems worked out I want it to be ready to drive.

I'm just antsy to see this one on the road. You've done such a great job and it's gonna be a kool ride.

Hurry every chance you get. I'll meet you at the border for coffee.

It seems that you have spent many hours making sure all the little stuff is done. I think you will be surprised with how well everything is when you start it up. As far as brake lines if you gave each connection a good snug they should be fine. I replaced all mine and snugged em all up tight with no leaks on the first try. I did have some issues with getting my brakes bled and it ended up just being the old hoses were collapsed from sitting. New hoses and it was an easy bled.
You have done some outstanding work on this ride, the finish is coming. You will be cruising before you know it and looking back on the build. It will be the best feeling knowing that you built it. Good Luck and keep on keeping on.. :D:D

Dude, this project is so damned cool.... I know whatever small problems you encounter will be dealt with in an efficient and aesthetic manner. :)

Thanks everyone for your vote of confidence. Pops, Coffee at the border sounds like fun - I'd like to see that Dodge.

My last big hill is getting the windshield and back glass installed. I called my glass guy this morning and left a message - he didn't call me back. Hopefully I'll be able to get it scheduled tomorrow, if not I have another guy to call.

Thanks everyone for your vote of confidence. Pops, Coffee at the border sounds like fun - I'd like to see that Dodge.

My last big hill is getting the windshield and back glass installed. I called my glass guy this morning and left a message - he didn't call me back. Hopefully I'll be able to get it scheduled tomorrow, if not I have another guy to call.

Let me know when and we'll do it.
Good luck with your glass.

Latest posts

Back