1980 LUV ( project Kreeper)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gotta do what you gotta do...

Yeah its been a while lol...Ive been real busy making stuff at work for side money. I've been building panel clamps for sheet metal welding. And some motorcycle parts...etc...

Have to make money to pay bills..... that's what I tell my grandbaby when she wants to know why Papa has to go to work....LOL.... panel clamps....got a pic? are these something you make for production work or for the average joe?

I make them on my breaks to sell to peoples. I've made about 20 prototypes and right now I'm working on building a square punch to save time building them. The prototypes I used the mill. One sec ill get a pic of a prototype one.

Okay so the square key in back is cut to fit but it isn't in the pic. The idea of these are they allow you to install the clamp in between sheetmetal in hard to reach spots....chopping a top for example. The clamp gives you a nice .030 gap in the work material and the back is keyed and has a stop. That way you can drop the key in and have your hands free while you tighten the clamp.
IMG_20110922_170246.jpg

IMG_20110922_170302.jpg

You get 4 for 10. They're smaller and not as rugged as mine. If I can get a pinch o can sell them at 10 for 30 which is only .50 more than the ones you speak of.

Mine also wont slide through the hole.......if I could get 10 people to buy 10 of them I would sell them at 10 for 30. That way I don't go broke getting the punch. Maybe ill make a group buy thread or something.

Latest posts

Back