'27 Ford Build...Plan T!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks badass. I have a few questions as you are about the same stage I am with mine. I want to lower the body over the frame as you have. As you raised the floor up, it left the body sitting lower than the frame. Will you leave this just hanging or will you have to put some re-enforcments so the sides dont flex(whats below the frame)? Also when you say section the grill shell, are you planning on cutting it so whats at the frame stays and the rest goes away?

Looks badass. I have a few questions as you are about the same stage I am with mine. I want to lower the body over the frame as you have. As you raised the floor up, it left the body sitting lower than the frame. Will you leave this just hanging or will you have to put some re-enforcments so the sides dont flex(whats below the frame)? Also when you say section the grill shell, are you planning on cutting it so whats at the frame stays and the rest goes away?

The frame is made from 2x3 tubing, so the side of the frame is 3" tall. The body is only channeled 1 1/2" so the frame is actually 1 1/2" lower than the bottom of the body. I started out with a 3" channel which would have made the bottom of the body even with the bottom of the frame but decided to only go 1 1/2" becuase it helped out clearance issues in a bunch of places. With the body channeled only 1 1/2" the floor structure (once it's finished) will hold the body plenty rigid. Even with a 3" channel I think it'd be fine (assuming the floor frame is built well).

Sectioning is cutting a piece out of the middle and then re-attaching the two pieces so it looks the same, just shorter. If you go back and look at the pics in post #13, the first pic of the grill shows the grill shell at stock height, the second photo shows the piece I cut out of the middle and the third pic shows the new shorter height after putting the top and bottom back together.

If some of that dosen't make any sense just let me know, glad to help ya figure it out. [S:D

Nice looking build! I'm starting one as well. I really like the stance that you have yours set up at. I'd be interested in knowing how much Z and rear kick up you have in the frame.

Thanks

Yearly update time! :eek: :)

Got the frame side of my motor mounts done finally.

DSCN1715.jpg

Motor back in after welding up the mounts. The trans. mount is up next [;)

DSCN1718.jpg

Pie cut my wishbones to set the caster.

DSCN1736.jpg

Added some fishplates for peace of mind.

DSCN1741.jpg

The fun part is next. Thoughts and opinions on the hole count? I started out with six but they looked to far apart. What say you?

DSCN1738.jpg

Bones are drilled...

DSCN1750.jpg

Decided I might as well do the axle since it was already apart...

DSCN1754.jpg

Definitley more hotrod-esque looking now [cl

DSCN1755.jpg

DSCN1756.jpg

Very nice man, I love the look of the holes, I tend to put them anywhere I can...

You have a very nice build going on there

Latest posts

Back