29,30,31, Model A Coupe, Roadster, Super Patina, Rat Rod Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
white vinegar will rust shinny in a min.

2pts.

I mixed up a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and cheap chlorine bleach. The smell will knock you over if you inhale it, but it works fast. I sprinkled it with table salt too, just for good measure. Thought it might make it more textured.

[dddI'm looking at transmissions and weighing my options... I'm highly considering going with a C-6 Automatic transmission, if I can find one for my 302. I kinda figured it's a heavy duty/tough transmission I can beat on and there's no computer crap to deal with, plus my ol' lady could drive it in a pinch. [S

C6 is a good choice. I put a stock c6 behind a blown 351 small block, about 450 hp with now problems and my wife and daughter drove the heck out of it[cl

I have minimal Ford knowledge...
Will a transmission from a 351 Cleveland fit my 302 engine block? I know I need a 302 flywheel, but didn't know if the trans bellhousing matches up. :confused:

Well, I scored a C-6 transmission today that fits my 302. guy claims it's rebuilt, but we'll see. If nothing else I got a nice rebuildable core.

Not a great pic, but better than nothing. :D

Now I just need a torque converter :rolleyes:

I spent my morning doing some organizing in the garage and then I did a little playing around, to see (sorta) what my car will look like when it's done.[dr

took a pic. for the build page.

I'm diggin' it[cl

Thanks man, I can hardly wait till I get the frame channeled through the body and get all my suspension stuff installed. I'm dying to make it a roller, but for now I'm just happy to kinda see what the finished product is gonna look like.

I picked up a spare, stripped down 302 block last night to use for mock up.

I'll probably build a 347 motor out of it later.[ddd

nothing too exciting today, I did go out in the garage and mark the body where I need to make a couple small cuts to channel it for the frame, no pics of that.... Sorry :mad:

But here's a pic of the 302 block I picked up the other day.

SBC is like a belly button, everyone has one. Thanks

Any thoughts on solid motor mounts? I'm considering it, but thought the car might vibrate a lot

I don't necessarily want to go solid mounts, just seems easy. The 302 has the factory mounting plates on it still, I have a set of flathead donut mounts, I considered using them, but didn't know if they would hold up.

I don't necessarily want to go solid mounts, just seems easy. The 302 has the factory mounting plates on it still, I have a set of flathead donut mounts, I considered using them, but didn't know if they would hold up.

Easy isn't always the right way, especially when doing it the right way is so cheap, like this one: Chassis Engineering Ford V8 To 28-31 Model A

I would definitely stick with rubber mounts, especially if you want something that's nice to drive on the street.

I started to channel the body today, stood the body up on it's nose and did the necessary cutting. It went pretty well. I still have to remove the seat riser and then start fabrication on new body mounts.

here's a couple pics though.

I didn't have to cut much. [cl

Latest posts

Back