29 cabrolet fire wall

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skottyknukkles

so i good friend of mine was in a bind. he bought a pretty rare car and couldnt find any aftermarket fire walls. the cowl is a 29 ford cabriolet. its flush and much different than the narrow 29s. and different than the 30-31s. where the tank was became an empty void. rather than make it two piece and choppy like the original i came up with this. let me know what you all think.

newebay248.jpg

newebay247.jpg

newebay246.jpg

newebay245.jpg

newebay243.jpg

very nice looks good. the only thing i would have done differently would have been to bend the flanges inward for a cleaner look. unless ur going for the factory look.

Last edited:
Metal?

I think I know but can I ask where you got that piece of metal?

ISore

its a bit thicker than normal. 16 gauge. I have a friend thats a tin knocker and gets me sheet really cheap. haha no its not galvanized

the guy i build stuff for just hands things to me and lets me use my own judgement. he and his son were very happy with that filler panel. the 29 is a thing of beauty 50s survivor with a flatty and wide 5s. i can post some pics when he gets it up and running. thanks for the compliments.

Latest posts

Back