31 Chevy Coupe in Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, I would probably vote for the hood with the side panels and a few louvers. Thats a great looking project with quality work throughout. Keep the updates coming.

pics look good could you get me a shot of the inner door jamb with the door hung on it both my doors are off and i know thier is wood missing and i think i have the hardware but im not sure .......thanks

rat truck 41,
You mean the hinge side? I'll see what I can do next week. Bob

Donsrods, I buy as much header stuff as I can from Schoenfeld in Arkansas. They make sprint car, dirt car, etc headers and sell parts at a good price. Good people too. I can't find my catalog right now but Google should work. I believe Speedway gets lots of thier stuff from them too. Bob

Last edited:
rat truck 41,
You mean the hinge side? I'll see what I can do next week. Bob

Donsrods, I buy as much header stuff as I can from Schoenfeld in Arkansas. They make sprint car, dirt car, etc headers and sell parts at a good price. Good people too. I can't find my catalog right now but Google should work. I believe Speedway gets lots of thier stuff from them too. Bob

yep anything ya could do ....thanks

DSCF0414.jpg

Terry built a hood top but John decided he likes it better without. The car is ready for the body shop. It is going to get shiny blue paint. New in this pic is the license frame built into the rear pan. The deck lid took lots of work to get it to fit. It used to overlap the deck lid opening.

DSCF0415.jpg

The floor looks good from the bottom. It is contoured to be very close to the transmission to allow maximun room inside the car.

DSCF0420.jpg

Rat truck 41, Here's the stock door hinge detail.
Since the coupe is heading for the body shop, and we know how they can take a long time, there probably won't be any more updates for a while. Final assembly should be pretty neat though.

Terry & Lee stopped over Sunday and told me that John's Chevy was going to be released from body & paint shop jail Monday, after 4 months. It would have pretty new blue paint. So, Monday noon I rushed to Terry's shop and this is what I found:
2008_0707box0001.jpg

No car!!! Apparently the shop is still buffing it. Should be in Terry's shop in a few days. I post pics then.

2008_0730box0002.jpg

John's Chevy made it back to Terry & Lee's shop. Dressed in its coat of very attractive blue paint.

2008_0730box0003.jpg

I'll post pics of the reassembly. This car will be driven, drag raced and will hit some shows. I hope I get to drive it once. If I remember the 383 sbc was dynoed at around 450hp.

Terry told me where he got the grill mesh but I forgot, so I'll find out again.

That is Terry in the youtube video. His son videotaped it and made DVDs that they sell showing how to make different tooling for the Pullmax. Me? I'm just a hammer mechanic and a poor excuse for a blacksmith. I can't do any of that fancy stuff, but I have a lot of fun building them my way.

2008_0805box0002.jpg

John's Chevy gained its 383 sbc and 200r4 this week. Terry is doing the mechanical installation & Lee painted the frame and running gear. The plan is to have the car together enough to run it at the Minn. Street Rod Assn. weekend at Brainerd next weekend.

2008_0805box0003.jpg

The coupe looks great from the rear. M/T cheater slicks bite like crazy so the Chevy should launch real well.

Latest posts

Back