32 Pierce Arrow Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also found a shop on the web called Hells Gate Hot Rods. about $85 for the set. LAST CALL...if anyone on here wants my money to go to them, give me a shout before I go with Hells Gate.

You better jump on that. I wouldn't do it for that. I'd have to go get the material, design the cut in the computer, cut it, clean it up, pack it up then take it to ship. 3 hrs at least.... $120 plus material cost.

that was the second fire...not bad for sitting for 40 years and the last 3 of them were outside in the Buffalo NY elements! Good vibes....hopefully I can get her done by the summer.

So....yeah, this happened at my garage last weekend!

Attachments

• 13055789_1107214079299308_1701672080192053732_o (1).jpg
    13055789_1107214079299308_1701672080192053732_o (1).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 171
How the hell did you get Jay Leno to visit you? That's just too cool.

well, long story short...the guy that runs the Pierce Arrow Museum brought Jay to see a car collection 2 garages over (it's a pretty extensive collection) I hung out with them for a while (got a bit bored) and went back to work on my rat. Next thing I know, I hear my neighbor telling Jay that he can't leave until he comes to my garage and see's what I am working on. He's a really cool guy, very down to earth.

Some major updates coming your way later...BUT anyone on here familiar with weber carbs? I am running dual 40 IDF's and before I buy anything, I want to make sure I am on the right track...initial setup, idles great..any throttle and it falls on its face. Took them apart, cleaned and made some adjustments...better, but not great. I then covered the velocity stacks with shirt material and the bitches are almost perfect at idle and with heavy throttling. Am I assuming right in thinking I need larger main jets?

had not checked in on your build in a while.. All caught up now.. looking real good.

Cool that Jay stopped by.

Keep at it!

Does anyone out there have an updraft carb for sale (cheap)...having some issues with my current carb setup...would like to see how I can get her running with the original updraft setup and go from there....thx guys!

Latest posts

Back