'32 Roadster Stolen In Redondo Beach Calif

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I saw this on the HAMB, and thought I would repost it because I know lots of our members live in California. It was stolen from his garage at about 2PM yesterday, I gather. Here is what he knows, in his words:

I Was Able To Speak To A Witness(the One That Called 911 Right Away Because She Knows I Would Not Hand Over The Keys Before I Completly Pass Out)

The Driver Was A Hispanic In His Late 20is Early 30is Fully Shaven Head And A Mustache He Was Follow Right Away By A Mid 90is Red 4 Door Toyota Celica (the Red Coulor Was Flat Because Of Its Age)

Really feel for the guy, sounds like he had his whole life savings in it and really loved it. It has some very distinctive features, so please look at the pictures below; I figure the more people that know about it, the better shot he has of getting it back.

Thanks,

Don

Attachments

• stolen.jpg
    stolen.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
  • stolen2.jpg
    stolen2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
  • stolen3.jpg
    stolen3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11
  • stolen4.jpg
    stolen4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
i hate to hear that too...don't like thief's,when they catch the ******* that stole it they should tie him to the back of that sweet looking roadster and drag him at about 80-90 mph.......rooster

Man i feel sorry for the guy !! its a shame that our country is in the shape its in. This being a family board i can't say what i think needs to happen to the guy that stole it

Here is my guess, and I don't mean this to sound bigotted. The guy said he even lives in a gated commumity, but the problem is tons of day workers come in to mow lawns, fix stuff, paint, etc. The description said Hispanic male 20-30's, and I bet he saw this car on one of his work days, and went back for it.

My Son Don manages a highrise Condo......20 Stories, the Condos start at one million, and go up from there. He was showing me around the other day, and when we went into the movie theater on the first floor, he said someone has broken in and stolen the video equipment. I was shocked because the level of people who live there don't steal things, but he said it was probably one of the construction guys, or day laborers who come in every day, just as I outlined above.

So, even living in what should be a very secure home is no guarantee that we are totally isolated from crime. Things are getting really bad. :mad::mad:

Don

Last edited:
Think Security!!!

From the pictures of this car it's obvious he had quite a lot of time & $$$ invested in it. I have several types of security on my cars for this very reason. This is a hard lesson learned but a heads up for the rest of us. No matter where u live... take precautions or someone could be posting this same story about your car! I definitely hope they catch the SOB's that stole this car & quick!!!

BoB

I hate to see anything stolen, even if it's worthless junk :mad:. I always try to picture how crushed I would be if the object stolen had belonged to me. In this case, I'm having trouble imagining my outrage. The sad reality is that in the end, they probably will only recover a bare shell, or nothing at all. Seems like I've been reading about alot of rod thefts lately.

I don't know the owner but I know the car. He drives it all over the place. It's a very nice piece. The nicest communities are often victims of their own wealth. Years ago, the L.A. Times ran an article in which they said that Rancho Palos Verdes was the riches area per capita income in California. After that, thefts, burglaries and home invasions went up. Now, the biggest crime is I.D. theft. The city has an ordinance whereby you must have a mailbox by the curb. People then get their mail stolen and the cycle continues.
The owner of the roadster has posted flyers at the local cruise spots. Hopefully, one of us may spot the car.

I spoke to the owner today (Saturday). He is heartbroken about his car. He lived in a condo with underground parking that was gated. The car was built by Hellbound Hot Rods. Fortunately, the car is insuranced and apparently Hellbound said they would build him another. :)

Not trying to sound like a d**k but someone may want to check the eyewitness statement. Toyota Celicas have been a coupe since they began in the 70s, there has never been a 4 door Celica.

Not saying the witness isnt reliable, but what other details may have been omitted/changed?

Regardless, I feel sorry for the guy. I had a truck stolen and it leaves a very violated feeling. Hope he finds his car.

Hodag

A total bummer. I know insurance will cover it & Hellhounds say they'll build him another but, I'm sure the guy would like this ride back in one piece. Unfortunately, that's not very likely.:mad::mad::mad:

Latest posts

Back