35 IH AKA Project "Riff Raff" build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks

Been beating out the last few things here and there. I ran my exhaust through the frame and out the back. Before I routed it under the cab frame and there just wasn't enough ground clearance. Welded down the floor and finished the tunnel then covered everything in "peel & seal". I whipped up a some pads for headrests (I just had a fellow hot rodder I know get rear ended and hit his head hard on nothing but steel... I was planning on putting them in anyway but that may have gotten them done just a bit quicker. I made my own mufflers with some 5" supertrapp discs and a couple different sized pipes. You obviously can't see the one on the inside... about half the diameter of the outside pipe and drilled with a slew of holes. They are still a bit loud but they should work.

Driven it around town a little bit... this thing is going to be a blast although I stopped and filled up with gas for the first time and the first question I got was..... "hey, what kind of millage does that thing get?". Lame... to say the least.

I have only a couple more things planned before I do more driving than building. I was considering some sort of fur for the floor covering. I also need to mess with the transmission adjustments as it randomly downshifts when I am holding the throttle steady on level ground.

Attachments

• sadf 062.jpg
    sadf 062.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 73
  • sadf 058.jpg
    sadf 058.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 82
  • sadf 056.jpg
    sadf 056.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 88
  • sadf 057.jpg
    sadf 057.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 79
  • sadf 063.jpg
    sadf 063.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 66
More Pics

Attachments

• sadf 059.jpg
    sadf 059.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 79
  • sadf 060.jpg
    sadf 060.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 81
  • sadf 061.jpg
    sadf 061.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 77
Man, looks great. Does that peel & seal seem like it's going to stay put? I was thinking about the same, but puting it on the underside of the sheemetal.

Love the rear window grill.

Man, looks great. Does that peel & seal seem like it's going to stay put? I was thinking about the same, but puting it on the underside of the sheemetal.

Love the rear window grill.

It seams to stay put where I have it anyway. As for on the outside.... I can't help you there. I say go for it, the stuff is cheap... try a test piece.. if it falls off then you are out $15- $20 for the roll you bought. Sucks though... the only place I can find it is Lowe's which is 45 min. away from my place.

Well, it's been on the road for about 2 weeks. Time to whore out some pics. Don't mind the pic of me getting busted.... the officer that pulled me over to harass me is a friend of mine. Despite a mild case of police brutality I survived :)

Attachments

• PT10.jpg
    PT10.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 113
  • PT14.jpg
    PT14.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 156
  • PT2.jpg
    PT2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Hill11.jpg
    Hill11.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Busted 2.jpg
    Busted 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 210
More Pics

Attachments

• Swamp1.jpg
    Swamp1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Swamp7.jpg
    Swamp7.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Copy (2) of Home 24.jpg
    Copy (2) of Home 24.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Copy of Home 31.jpg
    Copy of Home 31.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Fire Dept. 4.jpg
    Fire Dept. 4.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 142
Your Cornbinder looks great on the road. I enjoyed following your whole build. The photography and scenery are really nice too.

Friend of mine did a rendering of it for me.... very cool....

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 84
Found the perfect International badge for the tailgate. I also added a bed cover.

Attachments

• Picture 441.jpg
    Picture 441.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 442.jpg
    Picture 442.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 443.jpg
    Picture 443.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 444.jpg
    Picture 444.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 57
Badass truck man, kind of ironic though I have a binder and was thinking of doing the same thing with my back window! Seems like we have a good number of binders!!

Latest posts

Back