35 wire wheel question.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deluxerux

Ok. So I have a set of 1935 wire wheels. Someone told me tho that these are not safe above 50 mph. Is this correct?

Attachments

• wheels.JPG
    wheels.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 25
I always thought that those were the safer spokes to run... maybe someone is confusing them with the model A spokes....

Hopefully some one else will chime in.. cause now im cuirious if i have been misinformed

My friend has them on his rod and he Run Pocono raceway at the Good Guys show was doing over 100 MPH and he also have drag race it with no problems.

Here some pictures of the car and wheels he did it in.

Attachments

• toms car 006.jpg
    toms car 006.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 20
  • toms car 002.jpg
    toms car 002.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 22
Wow thanks for the info guys! I had no idea about these. I'm would have been extremely stressed when putting these wheels on if it weren't for this site.

'35 wires fit '29-'35 hubs with no spacers. They will NOT fit '39-up hubs with the outboard mounted drums. Not sure of all the years, but '46-'48 have the drums behind the wheel flange, these are the ones to get and use the adapter rings as mentioned above. Or you can make some rings and weld them to the wheels like they did back when.

Hey guy's I have some 36 chevy 18" wires that I would like to run on my front with the original drums. Are these safe? I swapped the straight 6 for a buick 455 so there is a lot more weight in the front? I currently have some 49 chevy 16" steelies on front maybe they are safer. any opinions? everything is better with pics!

Attachments

• 005 (2).jpg
    005 (2).jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back