'36 Ford Truck (Trey's Truck)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting closer

Hey guys truck is coming along very nicely. Sounds like it might roll before the winter comes. Great work and keep on "Truckin"

Steve

Thanks guys, I've been having trouble finding time to work on the truck but today we got out there and finished fitting up the headers. We put a little S bend in the rear tubes so they would clear the firewall. We're getting the hoist back over here to pull the engine and cab so we can finish the welding on the frame and get it in paint. If we can get this think to a rolling frame and get the cab back on we might bring it to the Goodguy's in Fort Worth as a work in progress.

header4.jpg

header3.jpg

Last edited:
Trey drove up to the shop today with his front axle in hand so I put him to work! Sorry for the bad crackberry pics.

FAxle1.jpg

FAxle2.jpg

More better

Your truck is coming along very nicely. I have been driving mine all over the place and gaining more confidence in it. Hope your shakedown season will turn out as good as mine, it looks like it will. Have fun. Steve

Glad to hear your truck is out on the road Steve! We are really looking forward to getting this project rolling.

We finished and painted all of the suspension pieces and by the end of this weekend we will have the frame painted as well. I'll take some pictures when we get to that point and post them.

We met up with an old friend at a car show and during the course of catching up my buddy found out we were going to use a three speed and that just would not do so he gave us a complete 4 speed with bell housing to boot. It bolts right were the 3 speed went so no changes to the frame were needed. I finished the welding yesterday and Trey is getting it cleaned up for paint this weekend.

Last edited:
Frame is back in the garage and ready for assembly. Trey is getting parts ready and will get that going tomorrow after school.

Well done

Hey Guys. The frame looks very fine and I know what it is like to see it in paint. Stuff now goes on to stay. It is a real good feeling and I bet Trey is very proud of what you guys have accomplished. Paul wait till you see his grin as he drives away.[cl Good work and congratulations. Persistence pays off. Later Steve

Thanks Steve! We got a lot of motivation this weekend at the Houston Burnout show. We saw Bob's truck and got a copy of his magazine (I'll be looking forward to the next issue!) and the highlight of Trey's day was riding into the show with his new buddies! (See pic below).

Today we set the cab back on the frame and started on the firewall.

Cab_on001.jpg

Cab_on002.jpg

Trey and his new friends! The dog was too cool!
Burnout005.jpg

Trey and I got the rear axle finished and painted. That was the last piece to making this thing a roller again so it was off to the tire store this morning.

Another mile stone today! It's first day outside since the day we brought it home and mocked it up.

1stDayoutside2.jpg

1stDayoutside1.jpg

Yeh!

Wow guys it is a roller again and looking mighty good. I would guess Trey will be cruisin' around this summer in style. Congratulations on a fine build. It looks like it sits right and will be one heck of a runner. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the video. [P Have fun. Steve

Thanks for the complements guys. We are hoping that Trey will be able to drive it to school at least one day this year but if not, we will have the summer to get it going. We are waiting on a few parts to finish the engine and then we will get it fired up.

Latest posts

Back